Anyone financially savvy?

jdcobra

Established Member
So how do you still owe $12k on medical?

I had to go to the emergency 10 times before they figured out what the issue was and had all kinds of tests and labs done. It was my gallbladder but I never had any stones, it just perforated and started leaking gangrene in my body.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
and now makes his money off the backs of people who attend his seminars, to find out shit they already knew. I don't buy his hype nor his bullshit. but you gotta do you. he is no different that any other shill

That is incorrect.

Dave Ramsey, was bringing in $250,000 a year in the mid eighties when loans shifted. He was a millionaire on paper one day and completely broke and no job the next.

Like the OP, no money no job no credit. Dave has a young wife and family to feed as well.

He asked himself how he got into this position? He realized he was there because he borrowed money.
I’m sure the OP would say things would be a lot different in his life if he did not have the cc bills or car note.

First thing take care of living expenses.
Next take care of your health.
Find a job. Apply to 50 a day knock on doors meet new people.
Pay car note.
Then $1k Emergancy savings.
Then cc if you have any left.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
and now makes his money off the backs of people who attend his seminars, to find out shit they already knew. I don't buy his hype nor his bullshit. but you gotta do you. he is no different that any other shill

Those that follow his advice, pay off debt create savings and have more money than they have ever had before.

Not bad from a $12 buck investment or a couple hours listening for free!

I had to go to the emergency 10 times before they figured out what the issue was and had all kinds of tests and labs done. It was my gallbladder but I never had any stones, it just perforated and started leaking gangrene in my body.

You said that you only had $10k in medical expenses after insurance paid the rest. You also said you still owe $12k. Which one is correct? I’m guessing you had $22k in bills after your insurance and you still owe $12k.

jdcobra

Established Member
Those that follow his advice, pay off debt create savings and have more money than they have ever had before.

Not bad from a $12 buck investment or a couple hours listening for free!

You said that you only had $10k in medical expenses after insurance paid the rest. You also said you still owe $12k. Which one is correct? I’m guessing you had $22k in bills after your insurance and you still owe $12k.

Correct. It’s not as bad as some debt others have but I just dislike being in debt at all and wanted to get the opinions of others before going a specific route.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Roughneck, Frac, coil tubing. Get a cdl and the possibilities are endless. Get nccco certified and you will have an easy job for life. I make a rediculous amount of money and most of the time just watch other people work.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
If you dont mind answering-What do you clear per year being nccco certified?

OP, lots of great advice in this thread-i wish you the best of luck. Keep your head up, things will turn around.

jdcobra

Established Member
If you dont mind answering-What do you clear per year being nccco certified?

OP, lots of great advice in this thread-i wish you the best of luck. Keep your head up, things will turn around.

Thanks man, and thank you to everyone else who took the time to post your opinions. Been a rough year to say the least but I’m staying positive and looking forward to getting back on my feet!

MG0h3

Established Member
I dont know... How many people on this site do you TRULY think have 6 months of pay just sitting in an account?

I know thats what a lot of people " say " to do... but I don't know a lot of people that actually have that.
I have like 8 months....but currently shopping Zr1, viper, etc hahahahah

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sleezy T

Established Member
It always depends on the year and jobs obviously. I usually bring home around 3500 a week.

Sleezy T

Established Member
Union crane companies are great, I work for true steel. Usually on a production side of the oilfield, coil or Frac. I operate a 300 ton grove, 100 dollars a day per diem. Double time on sundays, It’s pretty good money. Besides the company man, make more than anyone on location and do the least amount of work by far.

madscotsman

Established Member
Contact the billing department for the medical bills and ask them how to apply for relief based on economic hardship. All health care organizations allow this and most will reduce your bill significantly, if not write it off completely as long as you can prove you are legitimately having a hardship. They right those bills off as charitable contributions.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
I dont know... How many people on this site do you TRULY think have 6 months of pay just sitting in an account?

I know thats what a lot of people " say " to do... but I don't know a lot of people that actually have that.

I don't think 6 months pay savings is that much. If someone is around their 30's and they don't have close to that then they're doing something wrong. UNLESS someone just bought a property and put a decent down payment down then I can understand not having that available but you can work back up to that figure.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
A major problem is that people don't plan for "what if" situations and have no concept of general savings. They buy what they want when they want it even if it means depleting their savings or putting themselves in debt. Then when something happens where they can't afford to pay off the debt or keep saving they come crying for help. If you can't afford it don't buy it. If it's going to add debt without giving you a return then think about it twice.

Sleezy T

Established Member
I don't think 6 months pay savings is that much. If someone is around their 30's and they don't have close to that then they're doing something wrong. UNLESS someone just bought a property and put a decent down payment down then I can understand not having that available but you can work back up to that figure.

Depends, 6 months saving maybe different to you then it is for me. I have a good chunk saved but it’s not six months worth.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Depends, 6 months saving maybe different to you then it is for me. I have a good chunk saved but it’s not six months worth.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

For sure, but you need to use your head and decide what you're comfortable with. If someone makes $200k then they probably don't need $100k sitting in an emergency savings fund, but they should still have a hefty savings and investment account that can be accessed if needed. There is a difference between emergency, regular, and investment savings.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

LEts jsut say someone makes 120k gross.. so lets go with roughly 85k net?

How many people do you really think have over 40 grand just sitting around just in case?

jdcobra

Established Member

How many people do you really think have over 40 grand just sitting around just in case?

This is true. Eventually I want to look into investing some money when I can get back on my feet and feel comfortable doing so. I think I’m young enough that I could invest in some high risk high reward stock and not worry if it doesn’t pan out. But hopefully it does lol

Zemedici

Established Member
There's two kinds of people

Guys that have assloads in the bank, old school style. Wont have newer stuff with a payment, but has cash to maintain older stuff.

Guys that DONT have an assload in the bank, have payments on stuff, but can easily afford the payments. Thousands available on very low credit (<2% APR) cards, etc.

Its potatoh pototo. More than 1 way to skin a cat. Whatever you're comfortable with.

blownstang4.6

Established Member

Not many, and that's a problem. $120k is a nice salary. If you've had around that salary for years and you don't have $40k then you're spending too much. Unless you have investments that money is going in to instead of an emergency fund.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread