Anyone fix "tick" in San Jose, CA area?

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I have the infamous tick and want to get it fixed but don't want my car to be the first 03 Cobra head replacement done by the dealership. Has anyone in this general area had the tick noise fixed? If so which dealership did it and which service advisor did you deal with? I'm willing to travel as far as 100 miles to get a competent dealership tech who also has a mod friendly service advisor. My mods aren't that extensive (no chip and stock pulley) but some dealerships can be @$$holes. Thanks.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
My vert is at Frontier Ford right now for the tick. Darren Jackson is the guy to talk to . The work has not been done yet, so I cannot comment on the results yet. I think my car was the first one they have seen, but I heard there is another Cobra in there for the same tick issue. Supposed to get my car back end of this week.

PM me if you want to know how it goes.
(My car was ticking since day one from the dealer)

BTW, your car may be in there for a while. They may have to wait for an engineer to come out from ford and look at the car, which could be a while.

My car has been in there since last Tues
(~ 1 week and 1/2)

straightliner1

Established Member
Geepaw, how were you treated before, during and after the sale at Frontier Ford? I've been in contact with the internet sales mgr a lot lately and want to make sure they take care of people before cutting them a check! TIA

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I will check these places out. Geepaw: I will keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread