Anyone from the panhandle

snakedoctor

Established Member
Hey, I'm thinking about moving to that area(pensacola, gulf breeze) when I get out of college in two years. How is the real estate around there. Is it a good place to live? How is the cost of living?

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
snakedoctor said:
Hey, I'm thinking about moving to that area(pensacola, gulf breeze) when I get out of college in two years. How is the real estate around there. Is it a good place to live? How is the cost of living?

I would say the cost of living is decent. I to Lakeland and was blown away by some of the stuff there; same thing with Baltimore and a few other places. The real estate here right now is shit, due to hurricane Ivan, but if you won't be here for two years, you should be fine. Gulf Breeze is pretty expensive compared to Pensacola as far as real estate goes I'm pretty sure, but if you move to the common and not the proper, you should be fine. Also, the speed limit in GB is 35MPH and they DO enforce it. :cuss:

I love Pensacola, but outsiders hate it. They say it's borning and there's nothing to do. There are bars, clubs, places on the beach, and we have an 1/8 track plus several domestic/import performance shops, but for the most part it's not too active. I don't go to clubs or bars and I hate the beach, so I'm content to just ride around or hang with friends. It really is what you make of it.

I'd suggest coming down for a week or so in the summer to see what you think.

tickingcobra

Banned
I am needing some people near Pensacola (I live in P'cola off of Pine forest Road) to verify that I have a Brand New still in Box Whipple for sale.......$2800 or locals $2775. Is there anyone around that can verify this and then post results, as many as people that want to come can

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
I love Pensacola, but outsiders hate it. They say it's borning and there's nothing to do. There are bars, clubs, places on the beach, and we have an 1/8 track plus several domestic/import performance shops, but for the most part it's not too active. I don't go to clubs or bars and I hate the beach, so I'm content to just ride around or hang with friends. It really is what you make of it.

I'd suggest coming down for a week or so in the summer to see what you think.[/QUOTE]

I miss Pensacola sometimes. I had a great time living there and would consider coming back as a flight instructor at either NAS Whiting or NAS Pensacola. Florida is a great state. It is a hell of a lot more car friendly than California.

Graves

Established Member
I'll be in Pensacola Saturday evening. Stationed at Corry.
When I get my car, I'd love to find some fellow Mustang guys to hang out with..go to the track, cruise around.. bla bla.

Graves

Established Member
FLYIN said:
You must be an intel secret squirl type.

That's me. Signal's Intel. Just finished the morse code portion.. thank god. :sleeping: :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread