Anyone get the Brembo factory brakes?

STALLKING

Established Member
Motortrend said they did one of their reviews with the brembo brakes and said they were really impressed with them. If you opted to go with that option was it worth the extra two grand or so for that factory option?

snkchmr 1

I have one but thought it was more like $1,600 to get diff wheels, suspension, mild tune & Brembos.
Chevy I ment Motor Trend will always hate on Fords.

Mikes5.0

Established Member
I have one but thought it was more like $1,600 to get diff wheels, suspension, mild tune & Brembos.
Chevy I ment Motor Trend will always hate on Fords.

Yep its 1600 for brakes,wheels,tires,more aggressive advance trac, and some say the it also has different struts/shocks.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL. This has been debated to death on a few of the forums out there. I have them on my car, and I like them. For me, the option was worth it, even though I will probably never use the brakes to their potential.

If I were you, I'd drive both a brembo and non-brembo car back to back and see if the upgrade is worth it to you. I liked the way the brembo car drove better, so that's what I got.

ViciousJay

Established Member
the tune is a no go, all cars have the same tune. I have 3 modes like everyone else

traction on
traction off
adv trac

Big A

Established Member
Just wheels, tires, and brakes....nothing different. I think that option is worth every penny though. Brakes are definitely better and I like the wheels a lot more.

PhantomX

Established Member
+1 for the Brembo's! Best braking Mustang ever from the factory. That's been a sore spot in all Ford's for years, there cars don't brake for crap. My Edge has aweful brakes and Mustangs past have all been the same, lousy, till now...

Grant808

Established Member
Totally worth it for the brakes and tires. Invoice price is about $1,500. The car handles and stops like I wish my Cobra would.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Worth it...YES! The 19" rims looks great as well. My car didnt come with a spare tire...that bites. The rear brakes were said to be 2 piston..wrong..1. Also..why didnt Ford do Brembos all around? Would I do it again...of course.-Shane

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Just wheels, tires, and brakes....nothing different. I think that option is worth every penny though. Brakes are definitely better and I like the wheels a lot more.

Not strictly true. Because of the 19" wheels you also get the strut tower brace, and according to ford the brembo package also comes with unique ESC tuning. No real description of what that means exactly, but it's on the ford website.

What I've also seen noted on other sites is that the struts and springs are a different part number than the standard GT, and that the lower control arms are silver (not black like a standard GT) which some have speculated means they are the units with stiffer bushings like in the GT500.

Now, some of that stuff is un-substantiated, and for things like the part numbers on the shocks and springs it could be the same part with different numbers for some kind of corporate purpose. But they are different according to what I was reading. I'd love to believe that it's all true, but if it were, you think Ford would openly advertise that those things are different...

All said, if you don't mind spending the extra cash, get them. Even for just the brakes and wheels it's a good deal.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Every 2011 has single piston rears. So does the 2011 gt500. It doesn't seem to be an issue at the racetrack either. Grand am cup car uses the same rear caliper from what i can tell.

STALLKING

Established Member
So i just read about that tire mobility kit. I dont like part of the brembo package at all. None the less i still ordered my 2012 today with it so thanks guys for the input. Seems worth it for better brakes plus the 19 inch rims.

acrbill

Established Member
I don't have the Brembos because I bought what was on the lot at that moment. However one of the less spoken of benefits of the Brembos is aesthetics. If I tossed a set of 20" wheels on my non Brembo car the brakes would looked puny and the look of the car would be incomplete.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Heh, this is funny. The brembo option is a nice option, but i have this to add. How many 600+ RWHP mustangs were there back in the day with nothing but cobra brakes? Ever since the GT500 got factory brembo brakes in 2007 evvvvvvvvvvvvvery mustang fanboy has to have brembos now. Kinda funny. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread