Anyone get the Brembo factory brakes?

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Heh, this is funny. The brembo option is a nice option, but i have this to add. How many 600+ RWHP mustangs were there back in the day with nothing but cobra brakes? Ever since the GT500 got factory brembo brakes in 2007 evvvvvvvvvvvvvery mustang fanboy has to have brembos now. Kinda funny. :lol1:

Weird, I had 2000 Cobra R Brembos on my 00 GT, and my friends were like "sell those, you dont need those!", then I bought an 03 GT with Cobra brakes, sold the car to my friend, and he is always talking about selling the brakes and getting stock GT brakes. WTF

Go from a car with Brembos, to a nose heavy, windsor powered 94 GT with stock brakes, and you can really appreciate better brakes. I know I do now lol. :eek:

Grant808

Established Member
So i just read about that tire mobility kit. I dont like part of the brembo package at all. None the less i still ordered my 2012 today with it so thanks guys for the input. Seems worth it for better brakes plus the 19 inch rims.

Congrats. The tire mobility kit was a little disappointing to me too. Still ordered anyway. I just kept the spare and jack from the 'vert I traded in. I'll need to do a double-swap if I have a flat in the front, but I figure that shouldn't be a problem.

And I don't give two chits that the rears are single pot. The Brembos allow me to brake way later with the '11 vs the '03 on the same turns. While I haven't pushed a stock '11 GT around corners, I think the feel and control would be hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread