Anyone good with kitchen appliance troubleshooting?

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
x10 for Bosch. My parents replaced their Viking with a Bosch and love it. I have a Bosch as well and I purposely put dishes I think it will have a hard time cleaning and sure enough, every time, they come out very clean. You can barely tell if it's running since it's so quiet as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have a Bosch and like it a lot. Quiet, washes well, and is solid.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I wish mine would break.

It’s loud and all the wheels on the bottom roller shelf are broken. Every time I roll it out when it’s loaded it’ll catch on the door if I’m not lifting it up.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
On the D/W subject, now that the newer models use much less water I recommend that you run your sink faucet until the water is hot before starting the D/W . The first fill is about 3 litres and if you start off with cold your first cycle will not have hot water. In years past each fill was about 3 gallons.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is a hot topic around my house when something breaks. I'm pretty good with fixing stuff. I've worked in the industrial automation (electrical) business for 27 years.

My approach when something breaks with today's appliances? Toss it and buy a new one. lol. I've been caught in this trap too many times where I think it's one thing, order that part, that doesn't work, order another part, wash-rinse-repeat. To the point where we are exceeding 50% of the replacement cost of the appliance. Not to mention the time without the appliance. Especially when we can usually always get next day delivery of a new appliance.

My other problems is I am very stubborn. Once I start something, I...will...not...fail. lol. My last repair on the dryer I had the ****er on the curb about 3 times. I'd get pissed off, lug it to the curb, sit in the garage looking at it, walk down to curb and drag it back. I did fix it, but, again, my repair cost was greater than 50% of a replacement unit. And it gave me 6 more gray hairs. That part really pisses me off.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This is a hot topic around my house when something breaks. I'm pretty good with fixing stuff. I've worked in the industrial automation (electrical) business for 27 years.

My approach when something breaks with today's appliances? Toss it and buy a new one. lol. I've been caught in this trap too many times where I think it's one thing, order that part, that doesn't work, order another part, wash-rinse-repeat. To the point where we are exceeding 50% of the replacement cost of the appliance. Not to mention the time without the appliance. Especially when we can usually always get next day delivery of a new appliance.

My other problems is I am very stubborn. Once I start something, I...will...not...fail. lol. My last repair on the dryer I had the ****er on the curb about 3 times. I'd get pissed off, lug it to the curb, sit in the garage looking at it, walk down to curb and drag it back. I did fix it, but, again, my repair cost was greater than 50% of a replacement unit. And it gave me 6 more gray hairs. That part really pisses me off.

Here's the mistake I made and I regret it DAILY. When we moved into this house it had what I believe is the original one piece microwave/oven. Now it looked dated but worked great. Years later the microwave died, wouldn't boil water or warm anything up. Now there are only two things it could be which it ended up being the magnetron. Replaced it with ease and all is perfect again. We get a new fridge which is black stainless so the combo and dishwasher do not match. So when each goes out I will replace with same name brand and style. Oven goes into clean mode one day and WILL NOT GO OFF. Fries everything inside and is dead. I said well I could fix it or replace now. Made the call to replace with same name and style right. Spent two thousand dollars on the cheapest combo I could find which is an absolute PIECE OF SHIT. They literally took a 100.00 microwave and threw it on an oven and built a faceplate for it and jacked the price up a million percent. I wish I had it fixed or spent another grand or two for a better combo. FTL.

Users who are viewing this thread