Anyone has a Racing SIM set up?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I too made some upgrades to the rig.
Gave my son the Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 wheel base and picked up a Simagic Alpha U direct drive base, as well as a GT4 wheel. Also ended up getting a wheel hub and added a Ford Racing wheel.
IMG_4991.jpeg

70076870847__47923118-FB4C-48A2-9023-AC75EFBB6AE9.jpeg

Still rocking the VR, but I’d like to try triples at some point. Also made a simple VR- friendly button box and a Buttkicker to increase immersion.
IMG_4984.jpeg

71123784392__F3CCC97D-9A66-481D-B9A6-C2E20EF8BB62.jpeg

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
meanwhile the wheel I bought for my Xbox didnt wanna work with either Forza game and after about 30 minutes of ****ing around I gave up

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Holy crap that's a sweet setup, I'm not posting my cheap junk after seeing this. I'm just using a home made PVC and MDF setup that I mounted a cheap "racing" seat to and my G29 wheel/pedals. It has been serving me well for like 15 years now though (with a wheel upgrade).

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Holy crap that's a sweet setup, I'm not posting my cheap junk after seeing this. I'm just using a home made PVC and MDF setup that I mounted a cheap "racing" seat to and my G29 wheel/pedals. It has been serving me well for like 15 years now though (with a wheel upgrade).
I rocked the G920 for a while and it served me well. Most of my gear was piecemealed together over time.

I’m sure I get my butt kicked by folks on Logitech gear all the time…my motto is “Look Pro, Go Slow”, but as long as I’m having fun…

nitrojunk

Established Member
I run a TM TS-XW racer wheel, 6 Speed Shifter and Inverted Pedals all held together by a Wheel Stand Pro. I play on XBOX Series X and run daily lobby's on Asseta Corsa .. I generally stick to GT3 cars. My son and I both have our own rigs and we race almost every night.

I stick to the Nordschleife Tourist track .. and can put up anywhere from 6:18-6:20's depending on how many overtakes lol

Lobbys are called either " Come Get Some " or " Bus Lengths GT3 "

If anyone wants to join, add my gamertag - MEGAPHONE TONE

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Curious what yall would do.

I have a old (probably ten years old) thrustmaster wheel base. I'm not sure which one (TX base maybe?) but it had the Ferrari 458 Italia wheel on it. I currently have a sparco rim on this base. I have thrustmaster T3PA pedals and a thrustmaster TH8A shifter. Very entry level setup. I've gotten really into racing on Forza so thought I would try Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation 5 and sure enough my old ass wheel won't work lol.

So my options are to wait for thrustmaster to release a direct drive wheel for console or rebuy everything from fanatec.

I've read thrustmaster IS going to release a DD for console but I've not seen anywhere that said when that will happen. I'd rather invest $600-700 in a wheel base and reuse my old components with the intention of pedal upgrades.

Going to fanatec is going to be like $2K which is an enormous number to me just for a videogame.

Thoughts?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Curious what yall would do.

I have a old (probably ten years old) thrustmaster wheel base. I'm not sure which one (TX base maybe?) but it had the Ferrari 458 Italia wheel on it. I currently have a sparco rim on this base. I have thrustmaster T3PA pedals and a thrustmaster TH8A shifter. Very entry level setup. I've gotten really into racing on Forza so thought I would try Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation 5 and sure enough my old ass wheel won't work lol.

So my options are to wait for thrustmaster to release a direct drive wheel for console or rebuy everything from fanatec.

I've read thrustmaster IS going to release a DD for console but I've not seen anywhere that said when that will happen. I'd rather invest $600-700 in a wheel base and reuse my old components with the intention of pedal upgrades.

Going to fanatec is going to be like $2K which is an enormous number to me just for a videogame.

Thoughts?

Fanatec is better.

Buy the Clubsport DD.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Fanatec is better.

Buy the Clubsport DD.
I agree, fanatec is the better product. That base is not compatible with PlayStation which is how this all started lol. A base that is compatible with Xbox/PlayStation doesn't mean the rim will be, which is annoying. Definitely German engineering lol. I wish the thrustmaster pedals/shifter would work with the fanatec stuff on console.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just put my order in for the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro 8nm. GT is the only game I race on and it seemed like a good beginner setup at a decent price so I'm going to start with that. I like to think I've become a pretty solid driver on controller so I want to try something more engaging that I feel like I can build from. Now I need help with a decent cockpit and base and all that so I can mount everything. Something not outrageously expensive but I would pay $200-300 if it is highly recommended. I'll comb back through this thread but anyone have any suggestions? PS5 in case it wasn't obvious.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The cockpits I'm seeing on Amazon that look to have what I want are $400-500 so maybe that's where I should be looking. Any suggestions there? The Logitech Playseat looks nice and I know they make decent products but I don't see a shifter mount.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The cockpits I'm seeing on Amazon that look to have what I want are $400-500 so maybe that's where I should be looking. Any suggestions there? The Logitech Playseat looks nice and I know they make decent products but I don't see a shifter mount.

That one will flex.

For your budget, I'd suggest something like this. You'd still need to source a seat though.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
To get a rig worth having (that includes a seat) you need to be looking in the $800-$1000 range. I want to say gt omega made one I was after.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
My phone won't load their website for some reason to get you a link but I think this is the one I was after. She was snooping over my shoulder and saw I was eyeballing them so guess what I got for Christmas last year? Lol a total and complete shock mixed with disappointment. A flimsy ass Amazon rig. I give her props for trying though.
Screenshot_20231108-090143.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That one will flex.

For your budget, I'd suggest something like this. You'd still need to source a seat though.

That's perfect. A seat shouldn't be too hard unless it only accepts certain seats? Do these seats only work on these rigs and as office chairs or do they use the same design as what goes into a car? I would assume the design would be interchangeable.

Users who are viewing this thread