Anyone has a Racing SIM set up?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I’ve been very impressed with my Simagic gear so far (wheels and DD) and have been eying the P1000 w/hydro and P2000s, as much as I didn’t want to dive into another ecosystem. I’ve heard they are definitely better than the Fanatec gear …

I have the inverted V3s w/Perf Kit and they are decent but not without its faults. One of my biggest beefs is it’s a gigantic pita to change out the elastomers as I have to pull the whole rig from the nook and unbolt the whole pedal unit. Think I’ve done it at least 4 times now and at this point I’m like screw it…the elastomers I have in there are staying.

I’m also looking at VRS pedals - seems like they are top notch. For the time being, I may just get a 3D printed adapter and run the Simagic haptics on my V3s and see how that increases immersion

blk02edge

Established Member
Out of curiosity what pedals do you run? I’m running the load cell CSL and was also looking to upgrade as well… I don’t like how stiff the brake is I would like a little more travel so it’s more realistic I bet me load cell CSL brake pedal has less than 3 inch travel. I was looking at the V3 & the simagic p1000 & p2000 because the reviews mention more travel and adjustability over a standard load cell brake.
Just stick to open wheel cars then. The real things don't have much more than 1/2" of pedal travel :D

bssmith1220

Established Member
We have a trak racer rig and fanatec gear for my son. I play around on his iracing account and it’s pretty darn realistic.
I say if anyone is marginally into racing video games this is the best way to experience them.
Image1705626264.524098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Tuning in off/on to the iRacing 24hrs Daytona. Verstappen is one of the drivers.

Announcers mentioned the Strength of Field for GTD is 9600

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Wish they'd add bathurst to Forza Motorsports. And do away with the stupid car leveling system.

Subscribe to my onlyfans

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I like the idea of the spring and elastomer combined on the XP1…seems like a good method to replicate brake pressure variances.
You have the V3s also, right? Did you find it was easier/more precise to trail brake with the XPs?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the idea of the spring and elastomer combined on the XP1…seems like a good method to replicate brake pressure variances.
You have the V3s also, right? Did you find it was easier/more precise to trail brake with the XPs?

I think with some tuning, yes. Out of the box with minimal changes, it wasn't noticeable to me.

_Snake_

Established Member
Joe Rogan's $70k sim rig is unreal. Tech specs and the build are covered in the first 20 min of the video. Skip to the 20:00 min mark to see it in action. Kind of cool because it's a racing sim and also a flying sim

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Joe Rogan's $70k sim rig is unreal. Tech specs and the build are covered in the first 20 min of the video. Skip to the 20:00 min mark to see it in action. Kind of cool because it's a racing sim and also a flying sim

Neat. But the wheels not being used is just a parasitic drain lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rogan's rig is awesome. Wow, the technology is crazy. I could get addicted to a really good racing SIM.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There's a new track in Missouri. A friend of mine just made it for Assetto Corsa.

Send him $32.70 USD and he'll send you Hedge Hollow for Assetto Corsa. Put "Hedge Hollow" in the comments on the PayPal payment.

1000012395.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread