Anyone have 2.93 blower pulley I can borrow?

04SVTCobra

Established Member
Anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area have a 2.93 pulley I can borrow? I purchaced a 2.8 pulley for the stock 04 Cobra supercharger, but I am running very lean. I'm not sure if I have a bad fuel pump, bad chip or a leak somewhere!
I called the Kennebell tech line and they said that the 2.8 pulley might be too much for our crappy California gas! I just don't want to buy another pulley and have it not be the problem!

Anyone?

03DOHC

Established Member
2.8 is not too much for 91 octane. It's all in the tune. Who did your tune? I suggest getting rid of the KB CAI and putting the stock airbox on instead of putting a bigger pulley on. At least until you can figure out what's wrong.

04SVTCobra

Established Member
Kenne Bell did the tune. My car is at Apex motorsports. They swapped out the KB CAI to a MAC CAI. But it's still was running lean.
I want to see if changing to a bigger pulley would fix the problem. If it does, I just might let Apex do a custom tune.

03DOHC

Established Member
04SVTCobra said:
Kenne Bell did the tune. My car is at Apex motorsports. They swapped out the KB CAI to a MAC CAI. But it's still was running lean.
I want to see if changing to a bigger pulley would fix the problem. If it does, I just might let Apex do a custom tune.
They went from a bad CAI to a bad CAI, LOL. Just my opinion though.

So you're running a 2.8 now? Post your dyno sheet so we can look at it please. Do you know someone who has a predator so you can do some data logging?

04SVTCobra

Established Member
I don't have a dyno sheet. I'm just going from what Apex told me.
The 2.8 pulley is still on. I'm not sure if they have a Predator to do some data logging. I'm sure a shop like Apex would have some type of diagnostic devices to figure this out. The only problem is that most of the techs went to get certified with Super Chips. So it looks like I might have to wait till next week!

Last edited:

04SVTCobra

Established Member
The 2.8 pulley is still on. I'm not sure if they have a Predator to do some data logging. I'm sure a shop like Apex would have some type of diagnostic devices to figure this out. The only problem is that most of the techs went to get certified with Super Chips. So it looks like I might have to wait till next week!

03DOHC

Established Member
04SVTCobra said:
Call Mario and tell him to e-mail you the dyno sheet.

04SVTCobra

Established Member
Update

It was a bad A/F sensor!
I went to another shop and everything was fine!

I want to thank Nick and Bryan from Newtech Performance in Hayward. These guys were very knowledgeable and so helpful!

They strapped my car to the dyno and made two runs. 430 hp and the torque was 466! Their A/F reading was dead on. Around low to mid 12's from 2500 to redline! Just like KenneBell said it would be!
They even did some data loggin!

Thanks guys! :beer:

supercoolsix

Established Member
04SVTCobra said:
It was a bad A/F sensor!
I went to another shop and everything was fine!

I want to thank Nick and Bryan from Newtech Performance in Hayward. These guys were very knowledgeable and so helpful!

They strapped my car to the dyno and made two runs. 430 hp and the torque was 466! Their A/F reading was dead on. Around low to mid 12's from 2500 to redline! Just like KenneBell said it would be!
They even did some data loggin!

Thanks guys! :beer:

quick question, do u prefer NewTech Performance over Apex??

1kftlbs

Established Member
Even a mid 12 is kinda lean - be careful. I am running at 11.0-11.5. My tune was done by swanson performance. What were your dyno numbers - SAE or STD??

Last edited:

04SVTCobra

Established Member
supercoolsix said:
quick question, do u prefer NewTech Performance over Apex??

Not sure, but NewTech performance seemed to help me out with my questions more than Apex. Newtech hasn't installed anything yet but I might go back to them to see if they can help me figure out why my Wideband Commander's guage is acting crazy! :shrug:

1kftlbs

Established Member
If you want to make sure your wideband is working correctly plug in the usb cable and do a long run through third like getting on the freeway and record it. If your air/fuel was dead on through the whole run then you have nothing to worry about....

04SVTCobra

Established Member
1kftlbs said:
If you want to make sure your wideband is working correctly plug in the usb cable and do a long run through third like getting on the freeway and record it. If your air/fuel was dead on through the whole run then you have nothing to worry about....

I will try that.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread