Anyone have an API certification?

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
To make it short I have been thinking about making a career change, and it requires an API certification. Just curious if anybody on here has one, and did you have a large knowledge of the field you got the certification in?
For those that are curious API is the American Petroleum Institute, and the job I was referred to by someone that was in the field was above ground storage tank inspector. It would basically be a complete life change for me, but the money is good, and I currently work in a similar field. I would like to find someone other than the guy that retired from this exact job to ask more in depth questions because he’s not very helpful in that way, but if no one here has one it’s understandable.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It’s a cake job.

I have worked with API standards for years

API is very in-depth, and you can go all sorts of directions with it.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
If you are looking to get certified in API 653, you need to meet the following minimums before you can take the exam:

Capture.PNG

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
As far as the qualifications go I’m pretty sure I would qualify since I currently work in a similar field, and the guy that referred me knows what I do at my current job and he thinks I qualify. So no worries there. The post was made more for just a feeler to see if anyone has an API cert, and what route they took to achieving it. From what research I’ve done it seems like my options are pretty thin as far as courses, and it has me thinking that there has to be more options, but maybe I’m wrong?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
As far as the qualifications go I’m pretty sure I would qualify since I currently work in a similar field, and the guy that referred me knows what I do at my current job and he thinks I qualify. So no worries there. The post was made more for just a feeler to see if anyone has an API cert, and what route they took to achieving it. From what research I’ve done it seems like my options are pretty thin as far as courses, and it has me thinking that there has to be more options, but maybe I’m wrong?

yes it’s pretty thin.. mostly because it’s not rocket science. You either can do it or you can’t.

if my dumbass can work with API standards daily .. anyone can

Users who are viewing this thread