Anyone have the 1-2 Grind fixed under ESP?

hiattwl1

Established Member
I bought a 2011 GT500 used in November. Love this bad boy. Anyway, I'm noticing it's got the 1-2 grind issue. Under hard acceleration, it grinds almost every time. I also have on several occasions under normal driving it pop out of gear if I don't get it in tight. It seems to have a double notch on second, as well as gear noise in third.

I want to take it in, but don't want to get the run around. Anyone done this with an ESP instead of factory warranty? I want to PM FordService but can't yet as my post count isn't high enough.

Thanks in advance!

finally03gt

Established Member
Sounds exactly like mine. I had the trans rebuilt under Ford Warr, but still had grind. Glad I had it done though. from the repair order I had major syncro issues. I changed the rubber in the shifter to billet and put AmsOil in. I have not had a grind since, unless the trans is still cool. 5 min of driving is usually enough. Good luck

hiattwl1

Established Member
Sounds exactly like mine. I had the trans rebuilt under Ford Warr, but still had grind. Glad I had it done though. from the repair order I had major syncro issues. I changed the rubber in the shifter to billet and put AmsOil in. I have not had a grind since, unless the trans is still cool. 5 min of driving is usually enough. Good luck

I'll definitely do that after I get it fixed. I'm hearing noise in 2nd and 3rd pretty bad so I'm assuming it's been ground pretty good... Want to get that straightened out first.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
I wish you well with the Ford Dealer, please post results. I had nothing but a run-around and excuses. My Ford dealer claims there is no issue that Ford is aware of and that I need to drive it more gently. I tried twice with two different dealers and got the same result. I gave up and went with an MGW Gen II shifter, problem is largely resolved. Still fills like a "clunky" transmission, especially going into 2nd, but I think this is as good as it can get without a different tranny.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The TR6060 is indeed a "clunky" design. You shouldn't have to be gentle with it. Just make sure that everything is warmed up and that your hands aren't beating your feet.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I wish you well with the Ford Dealer, please post results. I had nothing but a run-around and excuses. My Ford dealer claims there is no issue that Ford is aware of and that I need to drive it more gently. I tried twice with two different dealers and got the same result. I gave up and went with an MGW Gen II shifter, problem is largely resolved. Still fills like a "clunky" transmission, especially going into 2nd, but I think this is as good as it can get without a different tranny.

Same issues I had. Ford deny's there is problem, although Hameedi is on video talking about how on the 13 GT500 they fixed the shifting issues. Ford service on this site is largely just a customer service rep that has no authority and will suggest you take a drivers course, BTW is anyone still here? I finally fixed my issues with Amsoil, MGW2, longer shaft, and an 07-09 shift knob.

STACKZ89

Established Member
I just ordered a steeda steel braided clutch line for mine supposedly it helps out a lot with that... I'll know for sure in the next week or 2..!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Ford deny's there is problem, although Hameedi is on video talking about how on the 13 GT500 they fixed the shifting issues.

I always found his statement so interesting, because Ford flat out denies this is a problem, yet the guy in charge of SVT acknowledges on video, that they engineered out that problem.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
ive said it in all the other threads so ill say it again...lol, put a wotbox in and call it a day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread