Anyone have the QuickJack lift?

Black2010

Established Member
If so I'm wondering how you like it. This is what I'm looking at https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-5000slx-portable-car-lift.html

Main selling point for me is that it's portable so I can move it out if the way when I'm done. Would love a proper lift but I don't have space for one. Main concern is around safety and how well you can work under them. I'm thinking it would be great for suspension, exhaust, trans, rear end type work. I know you can basically accomplish this with jack stands but this looks like you can get the car higher a lot easier. I'd probably still put jack stands under the car when working on it though just to be extra safe.

oldmodman

Established Member
I know someone that has this. He keeps it under the car in his trailer and put it in his pit area to change tires. He said it's useless for much of anything else. But he's an old guy like me that can't crawl around under cars on cold floors anymore.

I know you said you don't have room for a full size lift but would this work for you.?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200386167_200386167 Everyone has it for $1999.00 including free shipping, but Northern Tool doesn't charge tax out of state.

Do a search on here. It was being talked about last month and some had a story about a welding failure. I didn't pay any attention to it at the time. Do some research on this. I am suggesting it because you can fold it up and roll it out of the way when you are not using it. You do have to drill bolt holes into your garage floor and epoxy threaded sleeves into the concrete. And your floor may not be thick enough.

I am considering one just to use during engine swaps. it willlift a car high enough to roll the engine and front sub frame right out from under the car.

Black2010

Established Member
Yeah, I don't think that one will work to well for me. Our foundation in the garage is super thin since we have a floating foundation so I wouldn't be to comfortable.

I know a full lift will be best but I'm just thinking of something like this for brake jobs, changing fluids, exhaust work, suspension work. Not really worried about engine swaps or those types of things. About the most I'd do under it would be a clutch swap. Really anything that you would normally just do on 4 jack stands is what I would use something like this for. Seems like this still gets it higher in the air than jack stands and is quicker/easier to do. I've got 4 cars and a SUV so I spend a lot of time under them with reg maintenance:-(

Bigdudexxxl

Established Member
isn't there a jack that has the jack stands built in? I remember seeing something about it but I can't find anything about it. Maybe that would work for you?

Machdup1

Established Member
I have that exact model.

It does not get bolted to the floor. It is perfect for my garage and my needs. It is very stable and easy to operate. I push a button, lock the support member in place on each side and get to work (I also put jack stands out, but only because I am completely paranoid of dying horribly).

It has plenty of clearance. For basic work it is everything you need (Suspension, brakes, fluid changes, standard engine work, etc.) and then you can store it out of the way when you are done. I have a race deck flooring and have had no issues.

I will say that it is not as good as a full lift, but try and take your full lift to the track with you.

mammothcar1

Established Member
Yeah, I don't think that one will work to well for me. Our foundation in the garage is super thin since we have a floating foundation so I wouldn't be to comfortable.

I know a full lift will be best but I'm just thinking of something like this for brake jobs, changing fluids, exhaust work, suspension work. Not really worried about engine swaps or those types of things. About the most I'd do under it would be a clutch swap. Really anything that you would normally just do on 4 jack stands is what I would use something like this for. Seems like this still gets it higher in the air than jack stands and is quicker/easier to do. I've got 4 cars and a SUV so I spend a lot of time under them with reg maintenance:-(

Have you checked out www.kwik-lift.com?
http://www.kwik-lift.com/

I've have had mine for over 10 years. This lift allows me to do exhaust changes, routine maintenance and is also relatively portable.

I got tired of jack stands and I didn't have the floor strength or height for a regular hydraulic lift.

Last edited:

Black2010

Established Member
Have you checked out www.kwik-lift.com?
http://www.kwik-lift.com/

I've have had mine for over 10 years. This lift allows me to do exhaust changes, routine maintenance and is also relatively portable.

I got tired of jack stands and I didn't have the floor strength or height for a regular hydraulic lift.

Yeah, I've checked them out. I like them but I don't like that it's a drive on lift which means I can't work on the suspension or brakes. I may take the plunge and just pick one up. Safety is my main concern with them. I'd probably still put jack stands under the car as a failsafe.

Users who are viewing this thread