Anyone have their car repainted???

jcobra

Established Member
Im just curious if anyone can give me a ball park on getting my car repainted black. Im looking for a quality job that would be better than new.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
At Least 5k Depending On Where You Live And Where You Go, Thats With Minimal Body Work And All Prep Work And Materials, Black Is The Most Dificult Color To Spray Because Any Little F Up Will Stand Out Like A Sore Dik. Come To Ct And We'll Take Care Of You

Fuerza

Established Member
04SLOBRA1 said:
At Least 5k Depending On Where You Live And Where You Go, Thats With Minimal Body Work And All Prep Work And Materials, Black Is The Most Dificult Color To Spray Because Any Little F Up Will Stand Out Like A Sore Dik. Come To Ct And We'll Take Care Of You

What about white? Any easier or less expensive?

ViciousJay

Established Member
id say go for a green color... the teal one done looked really good.... or tugsten grey....

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
white is a little easier, and less expensive, it hides more also. as long as its a base/clear, pearls get extremely trickey

Fuerza

Established Member
04SLOBRA1 said:
white is a little easier, and less expensive, it hides more also. as long as its a base/clear, pearls get extremely trickey

So a plain jane Oxford White wouldn't be too expensive? My hood, bumpers and rear quarter panels are looking rough.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
just get someone who can spray decently (low orange peel as possible) and who has a good downdraft clean booth (for no trash in the paint) and then wetsand and buff it afterwards.. it'll look like a mirror. best bet to talk to some people in your area that have classic cars/musclecars/street rods and see where they went or who did theirs. those are usually the most particular people out there.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
03dsgcobranc said:
best bet to talk to some people in your area that have classic cars/musclecars/street rods and see where they went or who did theirs. those are usually the most particular people out there.
I agree. Get a good referral and check out some of their work before you make a decision to use someone. Good P & B work is hard to find but you may be able to get a nice job done for well under 4K if you look around a bit.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I would figure the $4k - $5k range should get you a very good paint job with minimal body work. Obviously if you need body work, it's gonna be more.

CobraMac

Established Member
Im having a bunch of paintwork done on my car right now since that guy hit my rear bumper a little bit ago. They do great work at the body shop and when I asked them how much it would cost to just repaint the whole car, they said 4,500 bucks. Yes my car is black. So I just had them repaint my hood and front bumper, along with the rear bumper thats being fixed. I am only paying 450 for that to be done, but also because the damage to the car was 2,000 bucks and the guy is paying that. So I got my stuff discounted :banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2 SLOW said:
LOL

He wants a GOOD paint job man......

$5k-7k
I agree. Way back in 1998 I had my old Callaway Camaro repainted by a premier shop about 45 minutes away. I believe it cost right around $5,000. Today, the same job would probably run close to $7,000. My best advice is to search out your area premier paint shops. Get references. Check the references. Find out how their painting process, including prepping and finishing. Also ask what their warranty covers. Do your homework and you'll end up being much more likely to be pleased with the result.

jcobra

Established Member
Thanks guys, I dont need any body work and the paint isnt that bad as the car only has 4k miles on it. I did a full detail on it a few weeks ago with the PC and it looks really good, but its not perfect and im anal.

Users who are viewing this thread