Anyone here doing a KETO diet?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Also, the 6 net carb tortillas are really nice.

I usually do one meal per day so by the time dinner rolls around if I want to have one I can, assuming the rest of the meal is under 14, which it often times is.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Since I've been on keto for 5 days and therefore an expert, here is a pro tip: missing your dessert? Is your sweet tooth aching? Put a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter in the freezer for a sweet treat!

Peanut butter is at least lowish carb so if you are eating pretty much no carb all day, a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and you'll be right around 20g carbs. I keep it in the fridge and just get a spoonful when I want a snack. 4 thumbs up!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
How is the diet going today boys?

I blew mine due to my daughter's birthday. My stomach is pissed at me due to the sugar I stuffed into it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member
Are you guys following these percentages?

View attachment 1487686

It looks like I'm a little late to the party. I was on keto from January to April. Had a biggest loser contest at work. Lost 37 lbs total(6 lbs were muscle sadly). Haven't been as religious about it lately. Some of my go to meals/ snacks are tuna in the pouch, cheese sticks and frozen broccoli with seasoning.

I kept my protein a little higher at 30%. I had a problem with losing a little muscle at the end so I upped my protein.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Since I've been on keto for 5 days and therefore an expert, here is a pro tip: missing your dessert? Is your sweet tooth aching? Put a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter in the freezer for a sweet treat!

Peanut butter is at least lowish carb so if you are eating pretty much no carb all day, a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and you'll be right around 20g carbs. I keep it in the fridge and just get a spoonful when I want a snack. 4 thumbs up!

There are a ton of low carb sweet options now. It's not like it used to be where you had to just go without. My wife makes a low carb cheesecake and brownies that are delicious.

mnewxcv

Established Member
There are a ton of low carb sweet options now. It's not like it used to be where you had to just go without. My wife makes a low carb cheesecake and brownies that are delicious.
Sounds pretty cool. I really don't have a sweet tooth fortunately, but haven't had peanut butter in like a year and was craving it. I'm more excited to try that almond flour pizza recipe.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Sounds pretty cool. I really don't have a sweet tooth fortunately, but haven't had peanut butter in like a year and was craving it. I'm more excited to try that almond flour pizza recipe.

FWIW all things considered that almond flour pizza is pretty damn good. My wife used a similar recipe like the one posted.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I dropped from 205 to 165 in 2 months. Suedo ketosis diet. Mainly paleo diet, but it was a hybrid.

+Eating home cooked grass fed open range non gmo/hormone beef/chicken/pork ($1.99/lbs for the whole chicken and I got to where I could cut it apart to grill in about 3-5 minutes)($2.99-5.99 pork as a slab or pre cut)($3.99-8.99 beef/steak/etc as a roast that I cut up into steaks, or bone in NY cuts, etc), lots of eggs, whole egg, no issues. Real and nutritious vegetables, very little if any fruit, water. Braggs apple cider vinegar is a must. Healthy and honestly excessive portions of natural oils like olive/avacado/coconut etc oils, but no crap oils like vegetable oil or so on. I had plenty of real butter as well.

-No bread, no cheese or milk or dairy of any kind. No medium to large sugar sources. I cut out the yeasts and the funguses. That shit is the problem in everyone’s diet. A bowl of broccoli has 2-3x the absorbable calcium of a glass of milk. Dairy is designed to f up digestion systems and give doctors patients in my opinion.

Precursor: I had been diagnosed with candida fungus growth, and early onset phases of MS. I had grown and beaten off shingles with antibiotics, kept getting bad ear infections monthly, etc etc. 400pts of cholesterol, clogging arteries etc at like 26-27 years old. Still was able to run a 7 minute mile or so on but would be exhausted. Lots of muscle and joint pain. Sleep apnia etc etc. I was eating basically what I eat now but I also had soda, sweets like donuts and sugar, but most detrimentally tons and I mean tons of dairy. 3-5 glasses of milk a day, lots of cheese, lots of sauces, lots of bullshit. I had healthy core foods caked with bullshit yeasts and funguses. Breads, cheeses, milks, pasta etc etc is all garbage for our human bodies.

That was then, now at 28 I have more energy than I had at 18-20. Cholesterol dropped to 175 with my allegedly terrible choices of eggs and beef. Go figure. My brain is much sharper. Muscle ake is very rare, I also heal from injuries very quickly. I bounce off walls and find myself working 80-100 hour work weeks as if it’s a game of how much money can I make. My brain feels far sharper, I mention it twice because it’s as if it went from sleeping to wide awake. I can quickly recall memories, and I also sleep like a lamb, tons of vivid dreaming, and I have loads more tenacity/clarity when dealing with uphill projects or battles.

Bottom line, cut out every yeast and fungus.

Some days I’m eating 5 steaks marinated in real butter and natural oils, a box of salad/ vegetables etc. Next day, I might be fine just water fasting and eating a salad. My body just talks to me about what it needs.

When I go off track and put sugar or pasta back in, it feels like I gain 10-20 years of aging.
Butter is dairy by the way, just mostly fats.
Glad it is working for you though.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Anyone have a good brownie recipe they can share? Every time we make a desert it tastes like shit lol. I cheated today. My buddy's mom made me eat a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie because I supplied her with rhubarb. It was worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Anyone have a good brownie recipe they can share? Every time we make a desert it tastes like shit lol. I cheated today. My buddy's mom made me eat a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie because I supplied her with rhubarb. It was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzRYivTpUQ0r2qPPjfLoQiA

Go through their channel, they make tons of desserts and meals.

Also for recipes, get many from
Ruling the Keto Diet & Getting in Shape - Guides | Recipes | Tips

I'm a coffee junkie, I make cold brew at home (I make a blend with death wish), make it with heavy cream, MCT, and sugar free caramel. Dutch Bros has a "Keto-Cano" basically Americano with heavy cream, I add two extra shots and sugar free caramel = $4.50 for like a 32oz drink. Typically have 3 cups a day. Easy way to get your fat in and energy if you're running around a lot.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I'm a coffee junkie, I make cold brew at home (I make a blend with death wish), make it with heavy cream, MCT, and sugar free caramel. Dutch Bros has a "Keto-Cano" basically Americano with heavy cream, I add two extra shots and sugar free caramel = $4.50 for like a 32oz drink. Typically have 3 cups a day. Easy way to get your fat in and energy if you're running around a lot.

I brew my own two, will do two shots of espresso in some steamed half&half. Do you grind your own beans and if so, what do you like? I am always looking for a new meaner bean, been stuck on Seattle’s best for awhile, they have a great dark roast!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I brew my own two, will do two shots of espresso in some steamed half&half. Do you grind your own beans and if so, what do you like? I am always looking for a new meaner bean, been stuck on Seattle’s best for awhile, they have a great dark roast!
I need an espresso machine.

I have a big mason jar I cold brew in. I grind my own for each brew. I blend Death Wish (great flavor, and good kick) with an Espresso bean. Buy it in bulk from Sam's Club. Not top quality, but it's not poor quality either. The two brewed together makes a really rich flavor.

Sam's is also where I buy the big bottle of sugar free syrup, they have 5-6 flavors.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I need an espresso machine.

I have a big mason jar I cold brew in. I grind my own for each brew. I blend Death Wish (great flavor, and good kick) with an Espresso bean. Buy it in bulk from Sam's Club. Not top quality, but it's not poor quality either. The two brewed together makes a really rich flavor.

Sam's is also where I buy the big bottle of sugar free syrup, they have 5-6 flavors.

FWIW I have tried the fancy beans from Italy etc...they all taste shitty.... cheap ass #5 Seattle’s best makes great espresso. I am using a Breville Barista Express, has built in grinder.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
FWIW I have tried the fancy beans from Italy etc...they all taste shitty.... cheap ass #5 Seattle’s best makes great espresso. I am using a Breville Barista Express, has built in grinder.
I've tried a lot and the Boyers is a good price vs quality, which is the espresso blend I'm using.

Thanks, now I'm looking at the Breville machine.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I've tried a lot and the Boyers is a good price vs quality, which is the espresso blend I'm using.

Thanks, now I'm looking at the Breville machine.

I think the Breville is a great machine. We have had ours for two years. If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond they have a coffee bar/machine section setup to demo these machines. You can go test drive for them and get your caffeine buzz on.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member

We follow them a good bit. Tried their desert stuff and I haven't found one I've really liked. Some of their other recipes are good though.

Users who are viewing this thread