Anyone here doing a KETO diet?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
But I'm one of those who has cheese for snacks and with dinner. I don't even want to get my cholesterol tested again. Scares me.
I have a smoker, and always have smoked cheese around here. I have been getting my blood tested every 3-6 months to keep track of things.
^But don't the red meats and fats raise the cholesterol numbers?
Yes...but you need to know the difference between HDL (good) and LDL (bad). My HDL is high, and my LDL is a little above average. However the average is calculated from the average of 100 males in your age group. If 30 eat like shit, 10 eat decent and the rest middle of the road it can skew results some.

Lot of what we learned growing up isn't accurate anymore (food pyramid) and reading up on newer studies sheds some light. Such as cholesterol is always viewed as bad, but it's actual vital to new cell creation and production.

Dr Rhonda Patrick and PhD Dom D'Agostino go into depth far better than I can ever explain.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I have coffee in the am, a protein drink at lunch, advant edge 20 gr protien 100 cal. An apple and a salad with tuna for dinner. I have ON cookies if I want something sweet,
3 cookies 20 grams protein 180 cal. I have lost 30 lbs. Since mid jan. Feel great. Pants fit, and my bad knee is all kinds of better. I eat no bread, carbs, sugar and dont miss it if I didnt give up carbs and sugar I would be on insulin. Great motivator. BTW i am 70
Once a week or so I eat some regular food but I feel guilty about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

fangstang

Established Member
The best advice I can give you when you first decide to start keto is to not start with zero or very low carbs right away. You will get sick. They call it keto flu. I usually lower my carbs to just one meal for the day for a week. Then I go in with very low to no carbs the following week. Works better.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
DAgostino can deadlift some absurd amount of of weight after a 7 day fast... believe it was 500 lbs. for 10 reps or so.

Pretty damn impressive.
He's been doing it for years, and has tons of research. The Joe Rogan podcast he's on, is a great listen.

The best advice I can give you when you first decide to start keto is to not start with zero or very low carbs right away. You will get sick. They call it keto flu. I usually lower my carbs to just one meal for the day for a week. Then I go in with very low to no carbs the following week. Works better.
A cup of chicken broth every day helps a lot, as does a supplement like KetoOS to help curb the flu.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
you guys have any suggestions for a decent breakfast that requires no cooking?

I have a protein shake on my way into work (6:30). A breakfast sandwich around 7:00 that consists of an english muffin, two tbl spoons of egg whites, a turkey or chicken and maple sausage patty and a slice of cheddar. I put the egg whites in a small bowl and microwave for 45 sec then microwave the sausage patty for 40 seconds. It's better if you toast the muffin halfs, but I don't have a toaster at work anymore.

It's probably to high in carbs for keto, but it worked into my macro plan when I was doing that.
19 protein/ 29 carbs/ 8 fat

My wife also makes a breakfast casserole that can be cut into serving size and frozen. I like that because I can just grab one and go. I don't have the recipe for that but the macro numbers are 22.4 Protein/ 16.4 carbs/ 10.5 fat.

mnewxcv

Established Member
I have a protein shake on my way into work (6:30). A breakfast sandwich around 7:00 that consists of an english muffin, two tbl spoons of egg whites, a turkey or chicken and maple sausage patty and a slice of cheddar. I put the egg whites in a small bowl and microwave for 45 sec then microwave the sausage patty for 40 seconds. It's better if you toast the muffin halfs, but I don't have a toaster at work anymore.

It's probably to high in carbs for keto, but it worked into my macro plan when I was doing that.
19 protein/ 29 carbs/ 8 fat

My wife also makes a breakfast casserole that can be cut into serving size and frozen. I like that because I can just grab one and go. I don't have the recipe for that but the macro numbers are 22.4 Protein/ 16.4 carbs/ 10.5 fat.
You were like a brother to me. But then you tempted me with the bread. Never again. :D

Green99

Established Member
I started low carbs Monday of last week. I eat like a king. Just no breads, cokes, sweets. Tons of water. Probably 25 carbs a day. Im down 14 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread