anyone here ever work for costco?

03cobrah

Established Member
just got out of the military a few weeks ago and was interested in working for costco part time while i attend school.

jrandy

Established Member
i had a friend work for them back in highschool a long time ago. IIRC he is still working there and the pay is good.

i think the big importance is what your position is. i remember him saying that if you can work up to be a checker it was rather decent.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Actually watched a documentary about Costco last week (might want to look it up). They do business a lot different then most, and are pretty well known for paying well. Seems like a good company.

03cobrah

Established Member
Actually watched a documentary about Costco last week (might want to look it up). They do business a lot different then most, and are pretty well known for paying well. Seems like a good company.

thanks for the headsup will do. do you happen to know what channel it was on or if you saw it on youtube? i'll search

edit: found it on youtube, i guess cnbc covered it

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
thanks for the headsup will do. do you happen to know what channel it was on or if you saw it on youtube? i'll search

edit: found it on youtube, i guess cnbc covered it
CNBC "Costco Craze" was the name I think. Might be able to find it online, possibly Netflix.
I found it by chance, and couldn't stop watching. It was actually interesting. :lol:

KurtDog

Established Member
just got out of the military a few weeks ago and was interested in working for costco part time while i attend school.

I guess it depends on what you are doing there. If you are restocking or warehouse, they work you to the bone. If your a cashier its not too bad. They pay decent for unskilled labor.

If there are better options, I would not work at costco.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I have some friends and tons of my girlfriend's family that work/have worked for them. Supposedly they start out at no less than $11 an hour. My girlfriend's brother just started and he's making $11.36 an hour collecting carts in the parking lot.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They are a very good company to work for, but IMO whether it is a good choice depends on your goals. If you are looking for a full-time job with good growth potential, Costco might not be your best choice. As a part-time or second job, IMO it's hard to beat. We have a Costco about 5 minutes away so we get there a lot. The faces I saw 10-15 years ago are pretty much the same faces I see today. THAT says a lot about the company.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Theyre a very good company to work for. Relatively great pay and flexibility if you're going to school.

Users who are viewing this thread