Anyone here fix old furniture?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
My wife and I have a dining room table and chairs from the 30's or 40's that could use some TLC. It's reasonably ornate, is a dark walnut color (with dark green cushions) and we just have no use for it at all.

If anyone here likes fixing furniture, and wants this set to fix for themselves, or to fix and sell, let me know and you can have it.

It was Marisa's grandfathers apparently, and she'd like it to go somewhere where it'll be fixed up and cared for. Barring that, I'll just try to sell it on CL, but I figured I'd ask here first.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my buddy does. he makes them look like brand new. he's got a few $5k lounge chairs from the 50s. he'd probably be interested if you'd be willing to ship (him paying of course).

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks guys. Steve, I'll let you know, this stuff is pretty big, shipping could be a real hassle.

Doug, I'll shoot you some pics as soon as I can, the chairs/table are at my folks place. I'll run over there this week and get some pictures.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Any luck? Shoot me some pics my wife is big Into older furniture and restoring. You can text pics too. 4437947598 thanks!
Dave

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Not yet, but I was also far busier over the holidays than I bargained for. I have a pic of the table (disassembled) on my old phone, and I was at my parents yesterday and forgot to take a picture of the chairs..I realized it when I was halfway home.

My Dad is home recovering from knee replacement surgery, I"ll get him to text me some pictures. He's supposed to be walking up/down steps and stuff to exercise the knee anyway.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I have them on my phone. I took some this weekend, I just need to upload them. Or I can text them around, since I have your and Dougs numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread