Anyone here have anxiety?

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
So not sure why but over the past year ive gotten stressed or freaked out over things that i used to be fine with.

Prime example.. Flying... I have to fly out with the other half for her brothers wedding. Im losing my damn mind thinking about flying... I hate close quaters, and the thought of being crammed with a bunch of other people being a large guy to begin with. whole thing freaks me out!

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
He is right you know....

Im not dis-agreeing at all.

I was more curious on if anyone else here had any anxietys or phobias.

How many people on here are scared of spiders? your bigger, why not just step on it and be done with it? Its just in their head too.. but they are fears, we all have them. and we all have delt with them in different ways.

:rockon:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Go to your doctor, explain the situation, and ask that he prescribe you enough Xanax (Alprazolam) to go you to your destination and back.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I have suffered with anxiety for a while now... I got a huge panic attack in college after taking a bunch of aderol to study for an exam... I called 911 cause I thought I was having a heart attack...

Since then occasionally I feel anxiety... which really is a horrible thing... people who don't have it will never understand... but it feels like your dying or having a heart attack.

Exercise is a great for relieving stress and I highly recommend it to you. If you are unable to mange your anxiety like me, you may need medication to calm you down.

key

Established Member
I started having it about a year ago. I also went to the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack. They prescribed some medications but none of them seemed to help. What has helped is my understanding of the situation. I can pretty much ignore it now, since I know what it feels like, and I can most of the time stop it from getting any worse. I really struggled with it for about 10 months though, and even now even with trying to ignore it, it is really still there.

Exercise will help, and you should try to take some herbs if you don't want to go the medication route. Two that helped me were St. John's Wort and Valerian Root. The Valerian Root seems to help a lot, and it helps within an hour or two. My anxiety mainly manifests itself in the form of nervous energy in my arms/legs, and the valerian calms that down pretty significantly. Not sure if it would calm down your mind or not but I would try it if I were you.

Also, for all those saying "it's in your head get over it" -- it's not that easy. I used to think the exact same way. Unless you've experienced it there's no way to really describe what it feels like, but simply not thinking about it isn't going to work.

The doctor will prescribe you some Xanax if you explain the issue. Xanax did nothing for me though, just made me sleepy while still having the same level of anxiety.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I had to take speech class in college a few years ago. Ever seen that awkward kid in front of the class with the very shaky voice, reading from his piece of paper that he couldn't keep still while never looking up at the students as he spoke? Meet JasonSnake. I honestly think the teacher felt so sorry I was having such a tough time in front of like 15 students that he automatically gave me an A for effort. No joke.

key

Established Member
One other thing I just remembered that has helped. Try to train yourself to be able to completely relax all your muscles when laying down. This is harder to do than most people think. Once you can do that you can use that to calm yourself down -- 1. It gives you something to concentrate on (instead of the anxiety) and 2. It has a sedative effect that helps with the anxiety.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I guess it's easier for me because I know that I'm a man, and pretty much always to coolest person in the room.

Really though, seek help. Hope you get it resolved. I would hate to waste my life away being scared, anxious, worried, etc...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I would goto bed and wake up like an hour later with anxiety. One night I had crap on my sinus passage that I couldn't clear out. It felt like it was hanging in the back of my nose/throat path. It drove me CRAZY. Another time was when I lost hearing in my ear. Wax got compacted. It really threw me off and drove me crazy.

When I was getting them (kept getting them nightly about 6 months ago for about a week) I would take some Walsum (Walgreen's sleeping pills) and watch TV until I would fall asleep. Also hugging onto my wife and holding her close to me would help me relax. I could always tell when I was getting them. I would get anxious and my bowels would loosen and I would always have to take a poop before it got bad.

GodStang

Established Member
With my son just dieing and my daughter in the hospital every time the phone rings I get very nauseous and eyes get blurred and I start shaking. So I know what you are talking about. I know its all in my head but some things you just can not help.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I used to have attacks on a regualr basis, It sucked, i was on medicine for it and had xanax for the bad ones.... after trying 5 or 6 diffrent medicines for it i got sick of being drugged all the time, i finally quit taking all the medicine all the anti-depressants, the anti siezure medicines and the xanax. I quit smoking and cut back on the drinking, started running and now i dont have them at all. it was a battle but it was in my head.

alot of it was stress induced as well. I know its a real thing and i know its tougher than most people think but it truly was all in my head.

good luck.

Im sure this isnt true in all cases but it is just my personal experience with it.

Now fears are completely diffrent Spiders dont bug me but i ****ing hate snakes......

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
My buddy in HS got them bad. He was a pitcher on our baseball team too. One game he was supposed to start and started getting hives, sweats, nervous tick, etc. Stripped down to his tighty whities in the dug out to cool off. Symptoms got better by the second inning and came into the game and gave up 2 hits over 5 innings. lol

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
WireEater - you don't have them anymore?

I haven't gotten any bad ones. Every once and awhile something will trigger that feeling you get in your chest but I calm myself out of it. I think most of it was induced by stress because we had a lot of crap going on around that time.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Anytime my work phone rings I get that nasty feeling in my gut and I feel like I'm going to puke for a split second. I'm a safety/ENV guy for a company so 98% of the time I get a call is when someone is hurt. I always think the worst and assume someone is missing a limb.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
So not sure why but over the past year ive gotten stressed or freaked out over things that i used to be fine with.

Prime example.. Flying... I have to fly out with the other half for her brothers wedding. Im losing my damn mind thinking about flying... I hate close quaters, and the thought of being crammed with a bunch of other people being a large guy to begin with. whole thing freaks me out!

I got pretty anxious last month when after working for a new company a mere month, they send me to San Diego for a convention. Ive never once flown with anyone but my parents, never been to a convention, never been far from home without someone i knew, never been to a big city (other than SF), etc. Was literally "flying blind" and by myself at that point, sure i was gonna meet up with others but i had never before done anything quite like i was about to do.

I boarded the plane, touched the fuselage on my way boarding (little thing i do, kinda like telling the ol' girl to get me there safe) and basically thought "**** it, lets do this!" and all that anxiety went away, especially after full thrust kicked in and it took off.

When i got back home, i couldnt believe what i had accomplished.

Its all in your head. Just breathe and realize youll get through it, the world isnt going to end, and youll learn from the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread