Anyone here have T-Mobile? And if so how do you like it?

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Seriously thinking about ditching Verizon and going with T-Mobile. My family has 3 smart phones and two I-pads and I am paying close to 300 bucks a month for everything, taxes included. TM has a deal where they are promoting 4 lines for 110 bucks and unlimited data and texting. My question is how is their coverage? Do you get good reception with their phone and internet 4G service?

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
Seriously thinking about ditching Verizon and going with T-Mobile. My family has 3 smart phones and two I-pads and I am paying close to 300 bucks a month for everything, taxes included. TM has a deal where they are promoting 4 lines for 110 bucks and unlimited data and texting. My question is how is their coverage? Do you get good reception with their phone and internet 4G service?

I had T-mobile for about 2 months before switching to something else. Your probably going to want to get some local answers as Tmobile may be great in your area, but here where I am, it is the worst provider in the area, even worst than sprint. I dropped calls like crazy, and always went between 4g data to 2g edge data and I'm not that far from a major metropolitan area.

Yellazxr

Established Member

I'm up in the Orlando area and I don't have any problems with T-Mobile. I get good coverage and good LTE speeds, I will say that if you're someone who goes out into rural areas you may want to stick with a better carrier (I came from Verizon) sometimes when I'm out in the sticks I don't have coverage.

The good news is that with T-Mobile its no contract so if you don't like it just swap to something else.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
My sister had Verizon, switched to T-Mobile; and was back to Verizon in 4 months. Needless to say she hated it......said bad network and tons of dropped calls.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
have tmobile and GLAD i ditched verizon. keeping my unlimited data was key. coverage where i live is about the same for both... i just hated the fact that verizon was forcing me to give up my unlimited data to upgrade. there are ways around giving up your unlimited data, but i rather not have to do extra things to keep it.

also their customer service has stepped it up for me, offering expedited shipping at no extra cost when i inquired about needing products sooner.

B0B

Established Member
I got rid of verizon and switched to T mobile. I had verizon for over 10 years, and I got tired of their horrible customer service and the outrageous cost of service. I have t mobile now. The reception and data are nowhere near as good as verizon, but for half the cost it is definitely a better value.

Panic661

Established Member
I've never personally used T-Mobile, good friend of mine has used their network for the past 9-10 years I think? He really likes them as well as their unlimited plan.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Had them since they bought SunCom. The coverage isn't great, but in my home area it's plenty. I have one of their free repeaters in my house because the wifi calling was getting spotty. But that's pretty recent, up until a few months ago wifi calling was awesome. The key is the wifi calling, if you go somewhere and don't have service just get on a wifi and you are in business. I have 4 lines with the at $140 with unlimited data and mobile hotspot. I'm happy with them overall, but when the wifi calling got spotty (reception in my house sucks, but it's not just Tmobile) I started to consider a move. If you don't travel a lot, and they have good coverage in your area, they are a good option.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I switched from Verizon and just as others have said, if i leave the metro areas the coverage goes away quick. Just the few times it happened and I needed to borrow a friend's Verizon phone to make calls, is enough for me to reconsider Verizon. I haven't made the switch back just yet.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I sold my two unlimited lines from Verizon and switched to T-Mo and glad I did. Im around the city 90% of the time so it doesnt affect me, both are very similar as far as reception and coverage goes around here. Speed wise similar as well, matter of fact I was getting next to nothing with Verizon (needed a cell tower to get reception) at work and running full bars with 40+mb/s on T-Mo LTE.

My only big complain is calls don't go out as quick as they did on Verizon, I do miss that. Having the option of unlimited data again, music streaming is FREE (doesnt waste your data) on most music apps on any data plan, WiFi calling on ANY place where they offer Wifi, HD calling, similar coverage here and well the pricing was more than enough for me to change.

You can do a T-Mo road test I believe thats what they call it for a week or two. I would recommend to do that first and see how coverage is around you first. If you get no reception, its pointless to switch even if its cheaper.

Last edited:

LS2GTO

Established Member
The deal is good, better than any other carrier for 3 lines, unlimited talk, text and 2gb each of data.

However service blows, nothing compared to even ATT which sucks compared to Verizon. By that I mean in other places than a major city. Within my town service is great. Get out in the 'burbs and it's very hit or miss. In the country you might as well be carrying a tablet cuz you ain't making any calls or going online.

Last edited:

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the replies people. I'm definitely going to give TM a test run. Paying 300 bucks a month with Verizon is getting pretty old. Can TM use my Verizon phones though?

Satyr

Established Member
Thanks for the replies people. I'm definitely going to give TM a test run. Paying 300 bucks a month with Verizon is getting pretty old. Can TM use my Verizon phones though?

It should depend on what models they are. Some of the Verizon phones can be unlocked, while other cannot. At least, that's how it used to be.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
My sister had Verizon, switched to T-Mobile; and was back to Verizon in 4 months. Needless to say she hated it......said bad network and tons of dropped calls.

This.

ATT works great in my area, im about 30 mins from Daytona Beach.

Dont remember if Verizon uses sim cards or not. I thought they didnt.

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
lol whenever anyone says tmobile I think back to highschool when my friend didn't ever get cell reception in his own house. And he said they pulled his chain hard (constantly tried to **** them out of unlimited calls/texting).

I personally have ATT and the only reason I have stuck it out with them is because I'm grandfathered into unlimited calls / texts. Everyone seems to praise ATT but I get pretty terrible reception compared to everyone else. IE in class I would barely get reception where all my friends next to me would have full bars.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Verizon uses SIM cards and so does T-Mobile.

I actually have both. Verizon for work and T-Mobile for personal.
Coverage and data wise, both are about equal here in Chicago and surrounding areas.
Big difference is that T-Mobile is $40 cheaper per month and I have an unlimited plan. No unlimited plans on Verizon and it costs a fortune.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Had em for a few years, we love em. Worked in all the countries I was in for deployment. No complaints here

Blown 89

Established Member
It depends on your area. My dad, brother, and I are on a plan through my business and switched to ATT from Tmobile because we weren't getting service at the lake. The expense over Tmobile isn't worth it though so I'll be switching us back. My wife is on Verizon and it's absolutely not worth the cost.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I called T-Mobile this weekend to get some pricing. After giving them my AT&T devices and getting the same ones back from T-Mobile I would be paying $10 more a month. Not exactly a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread