Anyone Here Into Cycling?

Livinloud5

Established Member
Just started cycling about 3 days ago. Currently using a Specialized Hardrock for off-road and on road.

But have really taken to it.

Anyone here cycle?
What equipment are you using?
Mtb or Road Bike?
How much are you riding?

Blake.

starnsey

Established Member
Used to ride a lot more before I moved to Dallas for my job. Pretty much only run now. But I'll always keep my bikes and be a cyclist, just need to live in an area that's more accepting of it (came from Austin where everyone rides bikes).

Road: Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mountain: Trek 6 Series Hard Tail

Planter

Banned
I bought a mountain bike upon moving to Colorado, and have ridden a little bit, but not as much as I wanted to. hope to change this spring after the weather warms up a bit and the snow quits falling.

the roads along the front range provide some fantastic scenery and good hills for a calf and thigh workout.

Last edited:

03Steve

Established Member
2013 Kona Jake the Snake on slicks for road duty
1995 Kona Koa MTB hardtail
2007 Club Roost full suspension MTB

95% of my time is on the JTS riding laps at Forest Park in STL.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My current steed, not quite in its current configuration. SL4 S-works Tarmac, Sram Red drivetrain, Cosmic Carbone SLR wheels.

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

I got into cycling with some friends a couple years ago. Got serious pretty quick. Have two friends that just started racing and another one that joined a Tri team. Busy life and living in the middle of DC makes it hard to ride as much as I want now, but I'm trying to get back into it as much as possible. Over the past couple years, I've gotten 1500-2000 miles, but definitely need to step it up.

I had a Stumpjumper and did a little mountain biking, but my bike was stolen a bit after I moved into the city, so I spent the insurance money on wheels for the roadie instead of another mtn bike.

4a7191a

Established Member
I've got a hardrock and Allez roadbike. Depends on the day which one i ride. Sometimes I knock out a quick 13 miles or others 25. If you can find a parking garage to ride up that's always a fun way to build the legs up. The chick I'm talking to has a Fuji and well I'm jealous. She puts in on me bad , averaged 15.8 mph for 76 minutes of riding time. Get map my ride app on your phone. :). Its pretty good at seeing distance and time road.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Ride a Scott 29er for work almost daily, and a Giant Defy 3 for my road bike, got the road bike hooked up in the wind trainer in the living room right now haha. I'm also an instructor for the Law Enforcement Bicycle Association so I teach other law enforcement officers how to operate a bike haha.

ridenfish39

Established Member
Got about 8000 miles in last year, probably 75% road and the rest mtb or cross. I've logged years over 10k though. I race cat 1 mtb and masters and cat 3 time trials, and won the NJ state 40k, Pa state cat 3 40k and Pa state masters tts last year.
It's an addictive sport, especially when you start seeing gains in your speed and fitness. Two weekends ago here I rode 50 miles (with almost 5k feet in climbing) on my cross bike in the snow and it never got above 20 degrees out. This has been a winter from hell here and riding the trainer 8 hours a week starts to get mind numbing.....

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I've always had an interest but refuse to become one of these idiots riding on windy Pennsylvania no shoulder back roads.

starnsey

Established Member
Ride a Scott 29er for work almost daily, and a Giant Defy 3 for my road bike, got the road bike hooked up in the wind trainer in the living room right now haha. I'm also an instructor for the Law Enforcement Bicycle Association so I teach other law enforcement officers how to operate a bike haha.

Damn, I'm so jealous of people that get to ride their bikes to work. Unfortunately it would take me about 4-5 hours on an interstate to ride my bike to work :(

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Used to mountain bike race and loved it. I can appreciate the hobby but hate the cyclists in my area who ride in big groups on narrow roads just seems like they are asking for trouble.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Got about 8000 miles in last year, probably 75% road and the rest mtb or cross. I've logged years over 10k though. I race cat 1 mtb and masters and cat 3 time trials, and won the NJ state 40k, Pa state cat 3 40k and Pa state masters tts last year.
It's an addictive sport, especially when you start seeing gains in your speed and fitness. Two weekends ago here I rode 50 miles (with almost 5k feet in climbing) on my cross bike in the snow and it never got above 20 degrees out. This has been a winter from hell here and riding the trainer 8 hours a week starts to get mind numbing.....

:bowdown:

:rockon:

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member

super jealous

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Mountain Bike, XC, Trail, All Mountain, Downhill....I race downhill locally, and plan on starting Enduro racing this year as well. Spend alot of time in the backcountry in Alaska, and usually make 2-3 trips down to Whistler, BC to ride every year at the resort. Trying to make it to Crankworx this year also.....

Current Rides
'11 Yeti 575 (Enduro Setup)
'13 Canfield Brothers Jedi (DH Bike)

On a deployment right now, and im in the process of building a SB66c (carbon) when I get home which is a 6" bike, probably run the bike in two configurations for trail riding then throw the Float 180 on for some Freeride/DH fun.

Speaking of riding, my pos car has taken a backseat to my Mountain Biking addiction since about 2011. Maybe someday I will finish it up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread