Anyone in Phoenix?

JimBobWay

Established Member
Krazyhorse
I myself would look in another direction. I'm not too familiar with that area in particular but being south of I-10 and the Salt River basin can be kind-of rough. Personally, I’d go farther north – way north. Try to stay north of Olive or even more on 51st avenue. Another option is to go farther west like around loop 101 and go north. Drive time might be a bit longer but would be safer. Peoria and 83rd ave is a nice area, drive time would be about 30 min. Take a look at Google earth.com. It’s a great tool to view the areas. Looks like those apartments are new since it’s not finished in the pictures. The surrounding areas look worn down.

krazyhorse5-0

Established Member
Yeah, they are new, I found them on-line. South of I-10 is rough huh? I'll keep that in mind, I don't want someone breaking in my house or car. I just want something nice and in a nice area for a few months, I don't want nothing in a rough part of town. That'll give me a chance to learn my way around town and figure out where I want to buy a house..........Will the cops pull you for having loud exhaust, because I don't have any cats. I guess I'll have to buy a catted mid-pipe when I get there... Thanks again.

JimBobWay

Established Member
Typically, the cops will not pull you over. I've never heard of anyone being pulled over for loud pipes. When I pass one though, I go easy on the gas, just in case. My wife just had an idea. When you first get here, try moving into an extended stay hotel for a couple of weeks before you sign a lease for 6 months someplace. Rough area? If you own a full auto AK47 you might fit in... LOL

twomustangs

Established Member
I've been in AZ for one month now from GA. I rented down in Gilbert but I work in Phoenix. The drive to work can be a monster. I also looked at renting in the Phoenix area around the 101 loop and the 10 on the west side but boy I'm really glad I did not! Be careful there is alot of re-development in older neighborhoods.

Last edited:

JimBobWay

Established Member
I'm not sure about copper square - I think it's someplace down town area and if I'm correct, that's an OK place, just in the middle of town. There's a place that I just moved my daughter in, called Broadstone Appartments. For the life of me I can't find the website she did. She searched rent.com. Anyway, it's located on 88th avenue and Thunderbird. Just to teh west of the 101 on Thunderbird. It's a pretty decent place and offers a 6 month lease option, which is hard to come by. The phone number is 1-866-334-3977. If you think you'd like to move in there, please use my name so I can get a discount on her rent. Jim Book

T-04

twomustangs said:
I've been in AZ for one month now from GA. I rented down in Gilbert but I work in Phoenix. The drive to work can be a monster. I also looked at renting in the Phoenix area around the 101 loop and the 10 on the west side but boy I'm really glad I did not! Be careful there is alot of re-development in older neighborhoods.
I live in Gilbert too, do you have a Silver 10th Vert?

sidewinder1009

Established Member
have a few questions for you arizona people. How are the women in arizona? Hows the car scene? Jobs? and housing? I am from illinois and am really thinking about moving out there after i graduate from college 2 years from now. I have been out there a couple of times and really like it out there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

JimBobWay

Established Member
I left Illinois around 71 and have been in Phoenix since. I have always felt there is a million ways to make a living here - without freezing your ass off. Lots of old cars here - your 67 would love it here. There are a ton of car things to do throughout the valley. women in az? Well, lets just say it does get real hot here so typically they like to wear less... It's a rough life and hard on the neck. Housing is a bit higher than Ill but still a lot less than calif. The market for housing is still a good investment.

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
I'll be at Davis-Monthan AFB for the next 2 years starting Feb. Is there anything to do there besides golf?

racer726

Established Member
Tempe AZ... checking in.

Work in North Scottsdale, at the Scottsdale Airport.

Have a small shop in Tempe near ASU.

Dam 2V -- I used to live in Tucson... there's a car club there which is pretty cool, mostly DM people... they have a forum which is pretty cool.

http://www.sonoranmusclecars.com/forums/index.php?

Check it out... I'd hang around with them if I lived down there still... not Mustang specific... more like miscle car specific, and everyone gets along really well it seems. They meet at a Sonic on Sat nights.

Then there's AZ Mustangs, and 1320 stangs... but the Sonoran Muscle Cars are more Tucson based, should be good for you to get in with that group if you're new to town.

If anyone in PHX area is in North Tempe around the evening time, stop by my shop and say hello.

Dave

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Hey guys, I am thinking of moving to AZ this September. I will be going to the Arizona School of Massage Therapy in Tempe. Are there any things I should be aware of when looking for apartments?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
50 BMG- Yeah, I am going to school at MSU here. I am originally from Great Falls. When did you live in Bozeman?

Users who are viewing this thread