Anyone listen to game soundtracks?

Lycosa

Established Member
Something I've discovered when playing dark souls is that they have really good soundtracks. Instead of the usual rock I now listen to these. Just wondering if anyone listened to these.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I'll be honest here..... yes I downloaded the soundtrack to ONE game in my life.... Portal 2. THE CAKE IS A LIE DAMMIT!

31181.jpg

U.M.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Geometry Dash.

Best " techno" game soundtrack ever made.

Final Fantasy 7. One of the best game soundtracks orchestra wise

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I listen to all kinds of soundtracks. If you like game soundtracks you will like a lot of movie soundtracks. Lately I have been listening to The Division score by Ola Strandh, but anything by Hans Zimmer is going to be amazing for the most part. He does most of the big movie scores, like the Nolan Batmans, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Spiderman, Interstellar, Inception, etc. Other good game scores though are The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect. And for just good instrumental music in general check out Sigur Ros. They have done movie work but are an amazing world renown band.

Lycosa

Established Member
I listen to all kinds of soundtracks. If you like game soundtracks you will like a lot of movie soundtracks. Lately I have been listening to The Division score by Ola Strandh, but anything by Hans Zimmer is going to be amazing for the most part. He does most of the big movie scores, like the Nolan Batmans, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Spiderman, Interstellar, Inception, etc. Other good game scores though are The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect. And for just good instrumental music in general check out Sigur Ros. They have done movie work but are an amazing world renown band.

I love Hans Zimmer's work. There for a while I was into Jesper Kyd's stuff. He did the Borderlands series and Forza 4.

Lycosa

Established Member
I have this going whenever I'm on the computer.

[video=youtube;Bki0PjoV14M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bki0PjoV14M&index=42&list=LLdWbfK55oAummx8 3tb7Ebow[/video]

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've got these on the hard drive in my JK.

[video=youtube;VSVV8qvOEGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSVV8qvOEGM[/video]

[video=youtube;4J6JK7ich6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J6JK7ich6E[/video]

[video=youtube;1AHNQZwCkd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AHNQZwCkd8[/video]

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Metal remixes of classic games like the Genesis Sonic series, Chrono Trigger, anything Final Fantasy related, Zelda Ocarina of time remixes, Kingdom Hearts.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
FF VII and VIII
Legend of Zelda
Metal Gear Solid Games
Mass Effect Games
Kingdom Hearts Games
Bloodborne

Some of my personal favorites. MGS one stands out the most to me, soundtracks are awesome!

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I always loved the C&C Red Alert music, and C&C Tiberian Sun. Nothing recent really comes to mind soundtrack wise though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I made a whole pandora station dedicated to movie soundtracks. Hans Zimmer, Jerry Goldsmith, Bear Mcreary, etc. Itll come up with stuff from games, movies like Star Wars/Star Trek, Pirates of the Carribbean, Inception, Interstellar, LoTR/Hobbit, etc, just about any awesome soundtrack or motion picture score out there. Im big into soundtracks because most people are oblivious as to how much a soundtrack impacts the direction, pace and feel of a movie (or nowadays games too).

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I made a whole pandora station dedicated to movie soundtracks. Hans Zimmer, Jerry Goldsmith, Bear Mcreary, etc. Itll come up with stuff from games, movies like Star Wars/Star Trek, Pirates of the Carribbean, Inception, Interstellar, LoTR/Hobbit, etc, just about any awesome soundtrack or motion picture score out there. Im big into soundtracks because most people are oblivious as to how much a soundtrack impacts the direction, pace and feel of a movie (or nowadays games too).
IMO Zimmer’s best soundtrack is either MoS or Inception. I never get tired of those two. Daft Punk did also a hell of a job for the Tron Soundtrack. Mad Max by Junkie XL is another great candidate.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
IMO Zimmer’s best soundtrack is either MoS or Inception. I never get tired of those two. Daft Punk did also a hell of a job for the Tron Soundtrack. Mad Max by Junkie XL is another great candidate.

My favorite Zimmer soundtrack was Interstellar so far. Music was at the forefront of that movie and had a huge impact. The Tron soundtrack was a good one too, almost forgot about that. The John Wick soundtrack was pretty good too.

I have a whole playlist of songs from different movies or just artists that are instrumental. I listen to that stuff more than I do any other genre.

nudarkshadowl

Established Member
My wife was a music major before switching degrees in college and she listens to videogame, movie, and TV show scores pretty much exclusively, so i hear alot of different things, lol. She can pick out all of the odd/different insturments just by listening to the song, which i cant do so its cool. She also plays piano, violin, played oboe, etc. Ive played guitar for years so music is something we both connect on. Anyway, any final fantasy game, uncharted, tomb raider, divison, WOW, etc is all pretty nice to listen to if you're into that type of ochestral music, but by far my favorite is the sound track from dues ex. Killer soundtrack that one is. Also, the soundtrack from the Netflix show Ripper street, has been on my spotify Playlist alot recently. The song, "the weight of one man's heart" from the ripper street soundtrack probably has one of the most haunting violin pieces I've heard, lol.

Also, if you're into blues rock/progressive, I've been listening to highly suspects Mister Asylum album for like 2 weeks straight everyday... I just can't get enough of it for some reason, lol. Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread