Anyone make a line lock kit for a 2011?

wazslow

Established Member
Is there a line lock kit available for a 2011 Mustang GT yet? I'd rather get one than beat up on the rear brakes when I do get to the track in the next two weeks.

Thanks!

203Cree

Established Member
Make your own. It's really easy. Get everything you need from Summit for under 100 bucks.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We're finishing up our kit right now and should be able to start shipping kits within the next week.

I'll post up details once the kit is finished.

Thanks, Jared

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Once the tires start spinning, you don't really have to apply the brakes that much. But like Jared stated, we should have a kit ready by next week, waiting for some parts to arrive today to complete the kit on our car.

wazslow

Established Member
I just use my right heel on the brake, and my right toes on the throttle. This way the car doesnt jump forward and then I have to slam on the brakes. I can do a burnout and you would think the car had a line lock, car wont move an inch. But I'd still rather save the rear brakes and install a line lock.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i personally prefer a pre fabbed kit. Just easier.

Are you guys gonna use hurst solenoids, or a japanese type. Seems like the hurst solenoids hold up better.

My last "kit" only got 3 passes out it before the solenoid went bad.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i personally prefer a pre fabbed kit. Just easier.

Are you guys gonna use hurst solenoids, or a japanese type. Seems like the hurst solenoids hold up better.

My last "kit" only got 3 passes out it before the solenoid went bad.

Terry,

We don't use hurst's solenoids for our kits but the ones we use are of the highest quality and not some cheap garbage. We pay a lot for them and chose to go with a more expensive, better performing solenoid just for the reason you mentioned. I'd rather offer a more expensive kit with higher quality parts that aren't going to fail rather than a cheap kit just to have to customers unhappy when the cheap parts fail.

Derek is installing our kit as we speak. I'll post some pics and info once it's on the car.

Thanks, Jared

wazslow

Established Member
Terry,

We don't use hurst's solenoids for our kits but the ones we use are of the highest quality and not some cheap garbage. We pay a lot for them and chose to go with a more expensive, better performing solenoid just for the reason you mentioned. I'd rather offer a more expensive kit with higher quality parts that aren't going to fail rather than a cheap kit just to have to customers unhappy when the cheap parts fail.

Derek is installing our kit as we speak. I'll post some pics and info once it's on the car.

Thanks, Jared

Hey Jared, Did you guys ever get this sorted out? Post up some pics and prices if you get a chance.

Thanks!

-John

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey Jared, Did you guys ever get this sorted out? Post up some pics and prices if you get a chance.

Thanks!

-John

We're still working on the kit. Ford changed up a few fittings which we were having a hard time locating. I think we have it figured out but I'm going to have to wait until Derek gets back on Wednesday to finish it up because we're extremely busy and I just can't get to it until then. As soon as we have the kit installed I'll post some pics.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread