Anyone make a turbo for an 03 Cobra?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Kenne Bell makes an aftermarket blower for the 03 Cobra, who makes a turbo replacement, how much, and what power gains?

This probably has not come out yet but I can not wait till someone does this. See ya Supra's!

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
wouldn't be a little silly too? I mean the power level the turbos would provide would have to be at least 600hp (I figure the kb can make that) and once ya reached 600+ it'd proably be safer to have a purpose built car. And an earlier cobra or gt or v6 would give ya that. They're are some 4v turbo kits out for the earlier cars. ya can always adapt them I believe they're 3 stages stage1 350-450,II 450-750, III 800+

SVTdubs

Established Member
I think they would make way more than 600 hp. These cars can put down if you set them up right. I think these cars can handle the power without building a true race car. I think a 1000hp streetable car is possible with the 03 Cobra.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
> See ya Supras!

I like the sound of that...

Yeah no kidding, it won't matter with that much power you WON'T get it to the ground without breaking a lot of things.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
yea a 1000hp street car would be fun, but it wouldn't be streetable. I'm sure the car can handle a 1000 hp, but it would definetly not be with an eaton,Kb or a stock chassis/suspension. The amount of flex that a 1000hp motor would make would break EVERY OEM Part on the vehicle, and a few aftermarket ones. You would need serious chassis work. and I wouldn't consider a 1000 kickin screamin horses streetable, thered be no way to take that out in foul weather. and replacin all those parts after each drive would be no fun either. The only nice thing would be that with a turbo you could set it up with a electronic boost controller, to run it at a lower boost level, unless ya wanted it.

The turbo kits I've heard of were from TDC, incon was supposed to have somethin? Axis industries jsut came out with a "race only" turbo kit for 4vs. I'm sure any company that markets turbos couls set you up with a custom kit provinding $$$$$. cheers

Sax1031

Established Member
I have seen a purpose built Twin Turbo Viper dyno 1000-1100rwhp. It also had a 200 shot of gas but did not use it since the dyno could only read up to 1200rwhp. It had a roll cage and was built to be a road race car. With the boost turned off/to 0 the car is very streetable, but again this was a purpose built car. It was built in North Carolina.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I've seen 2 1000hp plus "street cars", one was a very highly publicized '97 saleen, with twin turbos and 351cid, the other was a c4 vet that looked incredibly stock, again with TT.

Blades

Established Member
Theres alwayws twincharging. HKS did it with early MR2s.. but i've gone over this before.. people say it would be impossible on an 03 cobra..

roots for low end.. turbo spools roots shuts off.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
um then how is it a street car if it isn't streetable?

Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
yea a 1000hp street car would be fun, but it wouldn't be streetable.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Why would you want to waste that much money on converting an 03 to a turbo? Why not just get yourself a used 99/01? I couldnt even imagine how much time and money it would take to swap out the blower and replumb this engine to get it to work with a turbo. The money you spend rebuilding the 03's engine you could have a reinforced the 4v out of an 01 and plumbed the turbo out and saved yourself a good deal of time and money.

Then again its not my money so I cant really tell ya what to do with it :p

Still though it would be an interesting site to see.

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Oh...forgot the price is 3700.00....for 6-20 psi upgrade kit...includes switch chip, boost-a-pump addtional pulleys are $69 each.

SVTdubs

Established Member
matt lankford??? is trying the turbo on an 03, I will see how his goes. Good call on getting a 99 or 01 and throwing a turbo on that. I think I will one day.

Users who are viewing this thread