Anyone make a turbo for an 03 Cobra?

rocket5979

Established Member
heres a link to the site of another streetable 1000 hp stang

Here is a link to another Website that has some really badass project cars on it, including a 1000 hp mustang. I just wish they had more pictures of it. SPEEDFREAK WEBSITE

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
a turbo is a great idea. Even if your not going to go crazy with boost. Even if you just want to run around 13-16psi it would be a good idea because the turbo would produce much less stress on the motor and would be safer. And for those who said just buy a 99-01 a turbo it. . .why the heck would you do that? Why would you buy an NA motor and turbo it instead of a FI motor that is ready for psi?! The 99 motor will handle about 8-10psi, anything over that and you need to do some internal work. As the KB has shown, the 03 can handle over 20psi without even touching the internals of the motor! If you bought an 01, you would end up spending a lot of money to get forged internals, manley rods, forged bottom end, lower compression....ect Basically, you would need all the stuff the 03 already has. It would be like buying a non-turbo supra and trying to put a turbo on it instead of buying the TT supra with a motor built for boost. And since the 03 motor is made for a power adder, why not use the most efficient? It would not cost that much to do it, you could use just about all the parts from an 01 kit, all you would need is a new intake manifold.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Turbo boost is violent. Much more so than centrifical, and slightly more than roots. Problem is that it has a touch of lag then comes on hard. Turbos also produce A LOT of heat. Just be prepared to do a lot of wrapping to prevent heat damage. Power steering lines, brake lines, fuel lines and electrical wiring all need to be kept as far away from the turbo and it's plumbing as possible, and still wrapped.

If you're going to do it, I'd get the FR500 intake kit and the turbo kit for a 2001 Cobra and enjoy. I know big time money. If you're going to do it, go all out.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thats exactly what I was going to try, the FR500 intake and an 01 kit. I don't know for sure, but I always heard that a turbo produces less stress on the motor and that why we get more HP with less psi. There is almost no turbo lag, so the power comes on very smooth. I think it would be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread