Anyone owned a Lexus ISF?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I want a nicer daily driver. BMW or Benz are so ridiculous when it comes to repairs and maintenance; or else I'd love to get a 535i.

IS-F gets great gas mileage for a 400hp+ sedan and they're supposed to be reliable.

The one I'm looking at is a blue 08 40k miles

62e3cd50-f6bf-8b30.jpg

Anyone here ever owned one?

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I want a nicer daily driver. BMW or Benz are so ridiculous when it comes to repairs and maintenance; or else I'd love to get a 535i.

IS-F gets great gas mileage for a 400hp+ sedan and they're supposed to be reliable.

62e3cd50-f6bf-8b30.jpg

Nobody owns one because of this car called the bmw M3 you might have heard of it

delvin.a

Established Member
A friend had one on least for two years or so, it was badass and he never had a single issue that I'm aware of anyways. That's all got for ya

TorchedCobra

Banned

62e3cd50-f6bf-8b30.jpg

My wife has the older Is300 with the 2JZ N/A Supra Motor in it. Its not nearly as fast as the ISF but it is dead reliable. 110xxx miles on it.

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
M3>RS4>ISF
I just can't get over those nasty looking quad-stacked exhaust pipes. While the service and maintenance on the M cars are expensive, look at an extended service warranty. Those can be negotiated if you are looking to buy one from a BMW dealer.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the fake quad tips are gay. but the cars are sick.

see them all the time out here. FAR more than RS4s and probably about as many as the M3 (V8 version). for DD/street fun, id probably go with the lexus. more reliable and wont kill your wallet after the warranty expires. M3 for track fun. not that the M3 would be a bad DD either.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The early ISFs suffered from really stiff suspensions that made for decent handling but an awful ride. I believe after 2010 Lexus changed the suspension tuning and fixed that. They're good all around cars but I'd rather have an M3 sedan myself.b

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
M3>RS4>ISF
I just can't get over those nasty looking quad-stacked exhaust pipes. While the service and maintenance on the M cars are expensive, look at an extended service warranty. Those can be negotiated if you are looking to buy one from a BMW dealer.

550M>M3>RS4>ISF :beer:

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I heard they are not able to tune those if your thinking o modding it. I think they are way overpriced and the maintenance won't be significantly less then the Euro cars.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I think a better option would be the Audi RS4.

I think I had one of those try to run away from me on the highway the other day. Needless to say starting 4 cars behind I was pulling :rolling:

Good looking car though!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I heard nothing but great stuff about the Lexus also besides being a bit too noisy and some tranny problems. I'm also in the market for a luxo car but a used under 30k and am very interested in Lexus.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Nobody owns one because of this car called the bmw M3 you might have heard of it

Not really a fan, horrible gas mileage, garbage reliability, insane maintenance costs and even insaner repair costs.

Getting one with a warranty, (certified) is easier said than done. They're considerably more expensive, trust me, I looked into it! Plus, I like that the ISF is a sedan.

The plan is, a nice daily driver sedan and another Stang! Right now, I'm looking at an ISF, 535i, GXP, (unlikely) or an e63.

Obviously, all used.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread