Anyone pack a lunch for work?

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
What do you guys bring for lunch? I'm tired of eating nasty ass McDonalds and Checkers for lunch everyday at work. My work has a fridge/freezer, microwave, and a toaster in the employees room so I'm trying to think of something to bring for lunch that's not just a regular sandwich. I have 30 minutes to cook and eat what ever I bring, any ideas?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk because my Android blows.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im a fan of the regular sammich.

Ham, turkey and cheese on Rye. Side of Kettle Sea Salt chips, and Throwback Pepsi.

Everyday.

Though on Fridays ive been known to beast on some super burrito's from a taco place down the street.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Every time I attempt to bring a lunch I forget or somebody calls me to go out to lunch so I just gave up. Bonus is that I can expense them as "business" lunches and write off 200 bucks more a week lol

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I have packed a lunch before, but some assholes at work like to clear out the fridge without asking. Taking my non-rotten lunch to the trash can. So now I run to the stop-n-rob to grab some chips and soda.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I used to stock the freezer at work with smart ones and lean cuisine meals. They might not be enough for you, but I loved how easy they were to prepare and they werent loaded with fat or calories. Maybe check into frozen meals and see if you find any that you like.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I used to stock the freezer at work with smart ones and lean cuisine meals. They might not be enough for you, but I loved how easy they were to prepare and they werent loaded with fat or calories. Maybe check into frozen meals and see if you find any that you like.

Arent they like loaded with crazy amounts of sodium though?

I hate the pre-packed frozen foods. My girl eats them for lunch like you do. Craziness. Now if were talking some old-school Kids Kuisine........

FastNick01

Established Member
Yeah all the microwavable stuff is full of bad stuff. Best to make everything with your own base ingredients so you know exactly what your putting in your body.

As for bringing a lunch I packed about 2 cups of white rice and 2 cut up chicken breasts boiled then cooked on the stove in Olive oil and some pepper. Some carrots and a little Tupperware container filled with raisins, almonds and peanuts. It is extremely time consuming but worth it my opinion.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Some do, some brands are a lot better about being all natural than others. I don't eat them at all now that I'm pregnant because I don't want to eat much pre packaged food. When I was working they sure beat getting a greasy cheeseburger or tacos everyday, calorie-wise.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
turkey or ham or bologna sandwiches with cheese, chips or crackers of some kind, some kind of chewy bar for a late snack and two drinks. If its a longer day two sandwiches but most days I work from home so I just walk to the fridge.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
frozen pizza. Just throw a tombstone in an oven for a few minutes and you're good to go. Other than that sammichs

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Back when I worked for Columbia Gas I used to pack a ludicrously large lunch and usually something for breakfast too. I gained almost 15 pounds the first summer I worked there after high school, but I did mostly carry a chainsaw up mountains all day.

Krwy

Established Member
I pack. Raw spinach, broccoli, and grilled chicken. Sometimes I throw beans or rice in there to church it up a bit. Way healthier and cheaper than buying crap food for lunch.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I take bananas, carrots, and other fruit. I work at a restaurant so eating there=being fat so I snack throughout my shift on healthy stuff. They tend to keep me going for my 8+ hour shifts.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Today I made
-3 grilled chicken breast with low fat honey mustard.
-Costco stir fry
-spring mix salad with Russian dressing
-a peanut power bar thing.
-water

Tomorrow’s lunch
2 tilapia Loins broiled in olive oil and lemon pepper
Spring salad with a different dressing then before
Roasted Pine nut Hummus with pita chips
Peanut power bar
water

I eat throughout my shift, never in one sitting.

For people who by lunch meat and want a better alternative. Buy the cooked whole chickens at your local grocery. Cut all the meat off and put it in zip lock bags for the week. They make great sandwiches or you can add it to a salad.

I usually buy 2 chickens for the weeks. Much cheaper than lunch meat and much more healthy

It usually takes me about 30min to make my luch each day.

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
I take a Hungry Man and a Coke. They usually have 1000 calories so it is plenty to fill me up.

laoutlaw01

North Louisiana redneck
Established Member
I rotate between banquet microwave dinners,peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ,leftovers from night before and ordering from the local deli/bakery that delivers.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Eating lunch out can get expensive. On average lunch out will run $7-$9 depending where you live. Do the math, that's $1,785-$2,295 a year (255 working days), some of you that live in the big city are paying more than that. I figure I can pack 2 sandwiches, some fruit, chips and a bottle of water for $3.50 per day, that's a savings of $1,402.50 a year. I'll pack my lunch!

Users who are viewing this thread