Anyone purchased a '13 below sticker...

straightliner1

Established Member
... in Northern California?

Greetings all,

I'm looking to get back into the Mustang game after selling my Fox Coupe and would like to pull the trigger on a Boss. We all know the majority of cars are going above MSRP, but has anyone managed to find a dealer selling at or below MSRP in Northern California? My research has come up with less than desired results.

If preferred, feel free to PM me.

Thanks all,
Justin

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Almost 3G under for me!! I was lucky enough to find the dealer through Autotrader. The dealership was in a small farming community that had sold a total of 3 stangs the previous year.

straightliner1

Established Member
ARRGH! You guys in the midwest are killing me. California dealers aren't willing to come off of their $5K~ markup. That's ludicrous to me. Let's work together to move a unit already...

I'm going to check out surrounding states and see who wants to play ball. I want to be in a Boss within 30 days.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
I'm one of two lucky people that bought their Bosses on Ford Employee "D" plan, which is way below MSRP. ($4500)Most dealers won't honor it on a specialty vehicle like a Boss.

Last edited:

straightliner1

Established Member
I may have a line on a car at MSRP in a neighboring state. Waiting on final figures for my trade and how the sales tax issue is handled.

Tank5879

Established Member
I'm one of two lucky people that bought their Bosses on Ford Employee "D" plan, which is way below MSRP. ($4500)Most dealers won't honor it on a specialty vehicle like a Boss.

Its really not a question of dealers honoring it or not. Ford's own D plan website specifies the following

The 2013 Mustang Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 are not eligible for purchase or lease utilizing the AXZD Vehicle Purchase Plans. Please check with your local dealer for further details.
Ineligible Products:
Focus Electric
• Mustang Boss 302
• 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
• F-150 SVT Raptor
• F-550 and above
• Stripped Chassis
• E-450

so either you are really connected with the dealer (technically they can really sell it for whatever they want) or someone made a mistake and may get a chargeback!

NJSP117

Established Member
I'm in NJ and got mine in FL well below MSRP and had it shipped up. Still saved a good cunk of $$. PM me for the dealer details, they'll do the same deal for you.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Check Harrold Ford and Downtown Ford in Sacramento. Also try Renee the internet sales manager at Folsom Lake Ford.

straightliner1

Established Member
Found a Grabber Blue Boss about 400 miles away. Putting a deposit down on it tomorrow and heading over to pick it up a week from tomorrow (Fri, 10-26). Managed to get it for sticker and a real good amount for my trade.

Pretty stoked, yet nervous at the same time :)

SOCOMech

Established Member
If anyone is interested, I'm gonna be putting my '13 Grabber Blue (recaro/torsen, mats and car cover) up for sale in the next week. 3500 mi., never seen a track, garaged weekend cruiser.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
Its really not a question of dealers honoring it or not. Ford's own D plan website specifies the following

The 2013 Mustang Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 are not eligible for purchase or lease utilizing the AXZD Vehicle Purchase Plans. Please check with your local dealer for further details.
Ineligible Products:
Focus Electric
• Mustang Boss 302
• 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
• F-150 SVT Raptor
• F-550 and above
• Stripped Chassis
• E-450

so either you are really connected with the dealer (technically they can really sell it for whatever they want) or someone made a mistake and may get a chargeback!

Yeah, I've been told that. The owner OK'd the deal personally. And I've talked to another Boss owner on another forum whose daughter works for a dealer, and was given the same price. So in reality you are saying our dealers discounted the cars on their own $4500. sounds good to me. I tell you this, Jerry's Ford has my new Ford business for life! Thanks Guys!!!!

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
That dealer (same owner) has been in business since 1962, they own two other stores as well. From what I can see, they made a tidy $5K profit on my Corvette trade-in, that car was mint, I'm sure they didn't suffer a loss.

Boss949

Established Member
Yeah, I've been told that. The owner OK'd the deal personally. And I've talked to another Boss owner on another forum whose daughter works for a dealer, and was given the same price. So in reality you are saying our dealers discounted the cars on their own $4500. sounds good to me. I tell you this, Jerry's Ford has my new Ford business for life! Thanks Guys!!!!

That would be me. My dealer checked with Ford first. Maybe Ford changed the eligible vehicles this summer??

NJSP117

Established Member
I work for a company that owns 2 Ford dealerships...I couldn't get D plan. Best they would give me is $1000 under sticker, on one that was in the showroom with no Recaros or Torsen diff. So I ended up with dealer in FL at a better price!

Users who are viewing this thread