Anyone purchased a '13 below sticker...

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
If you had given him sticker on the Boss he had the extra $$$ to throw at you for the trade. Some dealer give you more on the trade and less off the sticker. I shop the new car price leaving trade in if I have one off the table. Once I know what is a fair price for the car I shop my trade. Trust me the dealer knew the value of your Corvette :)

I'm not so sure of that, that dealer, (race red car) was pretty rural, (lot was all trucks).
I checked E-Bay, there wasn't a COMPLETED LISTING for an '04 Corvette anywhere near 20K, they just weren't selling. So if he couldn't retail it (which I doubt in his area) he would have to wholesale, and take a hit. The other dealer, outside of DC who gave me $18K, had the market. I know I made out good, the Boss was $4500 under MSRP, the trade fair. The Corvette sat on his lot for two months, he was re-selling the car for $21,500. Which leads me to believe the first dealer was way high in his offer of $20K.

steellucky

Established Member
Black Boss 302 LS under MSRP. Every other dealer within a crazy driving distance of me was 5k over and would not move off of it. I am happy as can be.

Last edited:

abashoe

Established Member
I paid $42,750 for a SBY last weekend. Sticker was $45,475. I think invoice is $42,600 or so and no idea what holdback is on the Boss but this was the same number several dealers offered me for the Boss. My guess is as inventory get thin the dealers that have them will try to get close to sticker. I agree with Beefcake you make your deal and enjoy it. I may have saved a few $$$ on the Boss but selling my Cobra mid January in NE Ohio I'm sure was not the smartest thing I could have done but I wanted the Boss :)

Did you have to pay dealer fees? I'm just asking to figure out how much I can bargain. Thanks!
-al

El Jeffe

Established Member
tkeinia....that HAS to be the BEST deal Ive heard about on a Boss.
How much would you charge me to negotitate my next deal?? haha
....and I thought I was good.....

El Jeffe

Established Member
You guys that just bought your Boss's...what kind of engine numbers are they at? Seems like GB might have been the last color of the '13 run.
Got mine in late Sept and mine was #1807
Saw some GBs online with 3300 numbers. Thought they were only making about 2800 in '13:??:

03 KYL

Established Member
You guys that just bought your Boss's...what kind of engine numbers are they at? Seems like GB might have been the last color of the '13 run.
Got mine in late Sept and mine was #1807
Saw some GBs online with 3300 numbers. Thought they were only making about 2800 in '13:??:

Just picked #2390! I did see #3321 but was unable to work a deal on it.

Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member
I'm not so sure of that, that dealer, (race red car) was pretty rural, (lot was all trucks).
I checked E-Bay, there wasn't a COMPLETED LISTING for an '04 Corvette anywhere near 20K, they just weren't selling. So if he couldn't retail it (which I doubt in his area) he would have to wholesale, and take a hit. The other dealer, outside of DC who gave me $18K, had the market. I know I made out good, the Boss was $4500 under MSRP, the trade fair. The Corvette sat on his lot for two months, he was re-selling the car for $21,500. Which leads me to believe the first dealer was way high in his offer of $20K.

My father managed and owned car dealerships all his life. Trust me they have a very good idea of what your trade value is and where to move it. I'm not saying they will not lose at times but they are in the business to turn profit and deserve to do so. Sometimes they are willing to take a hit to move a car but they are well aware of what is going on.

Vista6019

Established Member
Found a Grabber Blue Boss about 400 miles away. Putting a deposit down on it tomorrow and heading over to pick it up a week from tomorrow (Fri, 10-26). Managed to get it for sticker and a real good amount for my trade.

Pretty stoked, yet nervous at the same time :)

Congrats-I will pick up a new Performance White on Saturday....

Users who are viewing this thread