Anyone regret trading/selling their 11-14 GT in on a 15 GT?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Keep your current s197 5.0.

I'd understand trading in for the 2016 Camaro SS with the LT1, Brembos, and -200lbs, but not the 200lb heavier s550..

This is pretty much how I see it.

If Ford would have done what the 2016 SS did, then sure I could see more of a reason for people to upgrade from the old model to the new. But with the current hp numbers, weight, and price tag, kind of hard to justify trading in your few year old model.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
It does have a nicer interior, drives and rides better (my daily), handles immensely better with seasoned drivers. Mine appears to be the last square set up muscle car made. I can rotate my tires. I will probably get 16-18k out of them from the looks of it with one HPDE day. The guy with the new GT had 10k miles on his and it already needs rears. He claimed he doesn't do burn outs, but I have no idea how many test n tune visits he's made. I worked at Ford when they released the car and couldn't believe they had a new rear subframe, axles, and other things available about the time the car hit the streets. Well played.
The new SS has the makings of the best muscle car ever IMO, but I have no idea what kind of pricing it will be. As of right now, financing a car that's $33k out the door is my max comfortable payment (exactly where I'd be on a GT PP car with trading mine). So far, the Camaro SS's have been more than comparably equipped Mustangs.
I probably need to drive the GT with the 300A and PP, just as I would be able to buy it, but no one has one locally. The one I drove was a premium PP. That might help me make up my mind. Then again, they only have a $500 rebate, so it's not like Ford is giving them away, so a 16 GT to 16 SS comparison isn't out of the question.

Last edited:

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Ok, still on the fence. I think I got such a great deal on mine because it was the out-going Mustang, it's hard to be thrilled about $3k off the 15. What is the "active glovebox" feature?

thehunterooo

Established Member
I traded in a 14 3.7 for a 15 5.0, both base cars though the 3.7 had the PP (took a pretty big hit on the trade), mainly I wanted track apps, Recaros and the 5.0. After having owned both if I had a 13-14 GT I probably would not have made the trade based on the money, but it is really hard for me to say since I was going from the 3.7 and not the 5.0. Might be worth waiting to see what happens for the 2017 Stang.

ringo01

Established Member
I traded in my 2011 GT for my 15. My 11 had CAI, tune and axlebacks so very lightly modded. My 15 only has an axleback but it is a much better car. My 2011 was definitely faster, but I don't race the car so Im not too concerned. I was ready for a new car and the money wasn't an issue for me. Definitely get the PP as it makes a big difference.

I don't regret getting rid of my 11 but sometimes I miss it. The new car feels way more refined so sometimes less "fun." I'm not judging it too much as I haven't tuned it yet.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Who honestly here would admit regret...? Lol. I mean now your loaded up on a new 60-72 month payment schedule for most on here. Nobody wants to look dumb or admit they made a mistake even if it was the case. Maybe title should read "those that need affirmation on their new purchase" come inside. I honesty like (driven both) the 15, but would not trade my 6k mile 14 in on one. Not worth the hit to me. ;)

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Just got tougher. 0% for 72 mos and an extra $500..... My payment would go up $20. I guess my hang up would be the IRS wheel hop madness. I thought mine was bad....... They confirmed they can get me a deep impact PP car. Don't know if they'll actually step up in my car like we talked about 3 weeks ago or not until I go back. As long as they do, I'm breaking even on mine. If mine had a nicer interior and better center console, I'd easily decide to keep it. The exterior looks still appeal to me, love the flat hood too.

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
My wife has a 13 GT/CS vert, she said "don't even think of trading her car for that Stupid Fusiion"!!!! Those were her exact words..................................:rolleyes:
I Traded my 13 Race Red GT/CS for a new 2015 GT Premium. I miss my CS, but the new 15 handle so much better. Tell her to wait a little longer the 2016 GT/CS is coming out in May I think.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
interesting reading the comments in here lol.....Im trying to decide whether or not to trade in my 14 premium (with 30k miles) for a base 15 PP. the 0% for 72 is making it hard for me not to.

5.0jake

Established Member
I kind of regret trading my 14 GT auto for the 15 gt base 6M. The 14 auto felt quicker and was the better platform for straight line performance.
If I were to do again I would have gone with the PP GT or auto with 3.55's. My 15 GT is definitely the nicer car but feels neutered to me and the base all seasons are horrible. My 15 Mk7 GTI PP is more fun to drive to be honest.

Last edited:

TylerM35

Established Member
I just traded in my 2011 gt500 to start a build with an s550 and I'm not the least bit disappointed it's such a fun car! I love taking turns with his car compared to my Shelby. Only down side is first model year problems... I have a leak on the passenger side header, there's an odd clunk coming from the driver side rear which I believe is not related to the common Torsen noises people hear, and the worst is the quality control.. Someone comepletely messed up my driver side rear quarter panel towards the lip of the fender is a huge bubble where the car was either over sprayed or the fender is just flawed but with 450 miles my car is being taken back to the dealer tomorrow to get everything fixed hopefully..

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Trading in my 14 tomorrow for a 15 PP. Really having a hard time letting go of the 14 right now, but I'm sure I will quickly forget about it once i have some seat time in the 15.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Yes you will, trust me. I'm one of them now...... It's so much more fun just to drive anywhere, even when you aren't beating on it!

2014GT/CS

Established Member
I traded my 2014 GT/CS with 18,xxx miles on it straight up for a GT Premium M6 w/ navigation. I'm taking delivery on the 20115 tomorrow and I'll post my impressions. But I did drive a loaded A6 '15 home and have been driving it for the last few days, and I am in love with it. I think the '14 is a little faster in a straight line, but the 2015 has so much more poise. The interior and the standard features (heated/cooled seats, etc) are just awesome.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I think my 15 6 speed is quicker than my 14. Definitely has more juice for day to day rolling on it between gear changes. Just gotta get some IRS stuff so it won't wheel hop and spin so bad.......

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I Traded my 13 Race Red GT/CS for a new 2015 GT Premium. I miss my CS, but the new 15 handle so much better. Tell her to wait a little longer the 2016 GT/CS is coming out in May I think.

I'm better at making "Suggestions" when it come to her car, she says "its the best lookin Mustang ever"......and I'll have to say her white converable GT/CS is a pretty good lookin car strait outta the box!!! She added some 13 Laguna Seca rims and lowering springs a tune and GT500 exsaust makeS GOOD PACKAGE.

Mike Jesse

My first post on this forum.
My first Mustang was a new 85 GT. Traded for an 87 LX.
Fast forward to 2014 and I'm now driving a 14 GT w/the PP. Never did get that feeling it was planted.
I think the 3.73 gears are way to short and shifting that stock thing Ford called a shifter is a joke.
Day before yesterday I traded it for a 15 GT Premium w/auto and 3.15's.
Now we are talking! To me the 15 is a more refined ride.
I guess I'm getting old.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
You and me both Mike. Love my interior too. The seats are awesome, center console is proper for a manual transmission. I finally have somewhere to rest my right arm.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I like reading threads like this because I ordered my 16 vert without ever driving one...lol. glad everyone for the most part is enjoying the S550

Users who are viewing this thread