anyone run Michelin Super Sport Pilots???

BlackMamba3

Established Member
It may move out nicely, but lets be honest. The only way a Nissan Maxima is going to see "12s" - is with a bolt on called nitrous. How many primed 100 shot maxims are you going to come across ? He can confidently laugh at Maximas - as they probably run high 13s @ 98-102 MPH. At this point, they probably run slower due to age. fwiw I used to destroy "bolt-on" maximas in my blown 3.8 Regal GS w/ real bolt ons - pulley/header/tune. i can only imagine what the 5.0L would do to one...

Cool. :bored:

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i have $1600 worth of Michelins on the way. hopefully they will be one the car on tuesday and i can post up the results

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
You want some good tires try the Bridgestone RE-11 or some yokohama Advan Neova ADO8 ....

The nitto nt05 works good for the pice but still have sidewall deflection under load. The michelin pilot sport two's are good but dont have the stick of the two I mentioned above .

Kumo's sidewalls are garbage , the Hankook top line tire is better than the Nitto nt05 but still cant compare to the big boys.

YOU PAY FOR WAHT YOU GET !

BlackMamba3

Established Member
You want some good tires try the Bridgestone RE-11 or some yokohama Advan Neova ADO8 ....

The nitto nt05 works good for the pice but still have sidewall deflection under load. The michelin pilot sport two's are good but dont have the stick of the two I mentioned above .

Kumo's sidewalls are garbage , the Hankook top line tire is better than the Nitto nt05 but still cant compare to the big boys.

YOU PAY FOR WAHT YOU GET !

The Michelin Pilot Super Sports have a 300 UTQG rating. The Bridgestone's and Yokohama's both have a 180 rating. The Bridgestone's have an A traction rating where the Yokohama's and Michelin's both have a AA rating. Again proving the Michelin's are a better tire over both those. The Nitto's are a decent tire but in my opinion, I'd fork out the extra cash for the Michelin's.

I'd never put a Kumho or Hankook tire on any vehicle I own.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
The Michelin Pilot Super Sports have a 300 UTQG rating. The Bridgestone's and Yokohama's both have a 180 rating. The Bridgestone's have an A traction rating where the Yokohama's and Michelin's both have a AA rating. Again proving the Michelin's are a better tire over both those. The Nitto's are a decent tire but in my opinion, I'd fork out the extra cash for the Michelin's.

your backawards the lower the number 180 is a better than a 300 tire (lol) the lower the number the softer and more stickey the tire is the higher the number the harder and the more miles you will get out of it .

The bridestone RE-11 is A traction AA temp also (lol) your screwed up on how a tire is rated !

If you have never used a Nitto how can you sayanything about it (lol)

Last edited:

Sosick

Established Member
It may move out nicely, but lets be honest. The only way a Nissan Maxima is going to see "12s" - is with a bolt on called nitrous. How many primed 100 shot maxims are you going to come across ? He can confidently laugh at Maximas - as they probably run high 13s @ 98-102 MPH. At this point, they probably run slower due to age. fwiw I used to destroy "bolt-on" maximas in my blown 3.8 Regal GS w/ real bolt ons - pulley/header/tune. i can only imagine what the 5.0L would do to one...

If you truly believe this come to imports vs domestics at MIR this weekend and see the blue max do 12.5 to 12.9 bolt on. For fun put up 500 hundred against the fact that it is a non nitrous car and we will pop the hood...

BlackMamba3

Established Member
your backawards the lower the number 180 is a better than a 300 tire (lol) the lower the number the softer and more stickey the tire is the higher the number the harder and the more miles you will get out of it .

The bridestone RE-11 is A traction AA temp also (lol) your screwed up on how a tire is rated !

The Bridgestone RE-11 has an A temp rating and an A traction rating.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

Sure, a 180 rating means the tire is softer and more grippy but I don't prefer real soft sidewalls.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member

I had a set of Kumho SPT's 235/40/18 and some Hankook Ventus V12 235/40/18 on my MS3 and never had a problem. I got close to 15-18K out of each and wouldnt mind buying them again.

IMHO i think 70% of people over spend on tires that they will never get full use of. Besides like a guy have said its hard to have an opinon when you have never used "said" tire.

Personally i drive this car around town and occasionally hit the strip, 300+ treadwear rating is what ill go with and ill put racestars and slicks on for the strip and call it a day.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
I had a set of Kumho SPT's 235/40/18 and some Hankook Ventus V12 235/40/18 on my MS3 and never had a problem. I got close to 15-18K out of each and wouldnt mind buying them again.

IMHO i think 70% of people over spend on tires that they will never get full use of. Besides like a guy have said its hard to have an opinon when you have never used "said" tire.

Personally i drive this car around town and occasionally hit the strip, 300+ treadwear rating is what ill go with and ill put racestars and slicks on for the strip and call it a day.

My first experience with Nitto's will be when I order my 20" Forgestars.

I'm the kind of guy who spends big money on tires and uses them until there's nothing left. I don't fall into that 70% category friend.

That's one of the reasons I'm going with the Super Sports, the 300 treadwear rating. They will be street tires as I never go to the drag strip. I'm also buying another set of rims/tires so I can use them for road racing/autocross.

BlackMamba3

Established Member

Also, the Bridgestone tires are rated at 168mph or a W rating where as the Michelin tires are rated for 186+ or a (Y) rating.

So, basically, I'll get longer tire life, have a better temp rating, be able to drive faster and run a 275/35 instead of a 275/30.

Michelin > Bridgestone in my opinion. Any day.

Users who are viewing this thread