Anyone Running FR500's on a GT500?

Intruder

Established Member
I've seen one fellow with FR500's on what looks to be a GT500 but it might be a clone.

I'm thinking about buying the 18x9 and 18x10 FR500 wheels from americanmuscle.com as they tell me they will fit over the front calipers.

Anyone running these on a GT500? What size of tire do you have on them? Pics? :rolling:

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Fr500

I didn't get any for the front but I did put some 17x10.5 FR500s in the back with M&H 325/45 and no rubbing. The car has Eibach Pro Kit springs, panhard bar with D spec adjustables shocks and struts.

sfadchi

Established Member
CIMG0170.gif

DSC01152.gif

superman112

Established Member
Resurrecting this thread.. Im thinking down the line of getting the black Chrome FR500's from Lethal.. anyone know if the 18x9's will clear the front or would I have to go 18x10's all around? Also would I be able to put the same size tires upfront on a 10 inch rims since the factory rims are 9.5?

bigchris2000

Established Member
Resurrecting this thread.. Im thinking down the line of getting the black Chrome FR500's from Lethal.. anyone know if the 18x9's will clear the front or would I have to go 18x10's all around? Also would I be able to put the same size tires upfront on a 10 inch rims since the factory rims are 9.5?
I am thinking about the black chrome wheels as well. I would like 18x9 fronts and 18x10 rears.

blackshelby

The 18X9 black chrome clear with no issues Have the 9's on the front 10's on the rear running the stock size tires.

100_3070.jpg

bigchris2000

Established Member
The 18X9 black chrome clear with no issues Have the 9's on the front 10's on the rear running the stock size tires.

100_3070.jpg

If you don't mind me asking what are the offsets are your wheels, and where did you purchase them? Thanks I really like your setup.

Colleton

Established Member
I've been looking at the FR500 wheels for a while now and am about ready to buy a set.

For those that have them what brand and size of tires did you buy? I'm looking at Nitto 555 or NT-05 tires.

chuckstang

Established Member
It says the 10" wide run a 40 offset, is that any different than the factory rims?

Just curious why the offset is different from the 9" to the 10"

thx

superman112

Established Member
I reallt think these are gonna be the rims I go with 18xp up front (stock size) and 18x10's in the back. Now my question is what would be the ideal size for the rear wheels? Also and maybe this should be a new thread.. what tires should I get?? I know D/R's are best but Im not sure thats the route I want to go for now. I want a tire that will give me better traction then these stock ones but also handle rain, highway and so forth. I was thinking of the KW2s. Any suggestions???

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I'm running stock size softer Goodyear KR rubber front and rear.

IMG_3713cc-1.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

What suspension do you have? I have the same color GT500 and I'm very interested in those wheels. Great stance by the way!!

Any side pics of the car?

What's the widest rear tire one can run on those rims?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Can't find those grey color fr500's anywhere in a 40mm offset....( never mind found it ). For the grey ones can the factory lugs be used?

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member
Looks nice.

What and where did the wheels come from?

Mustang Wheels from Wheel Replicas - Wheel Specials - Mustang and Corvette Wheels On Sale When I got mine they didn't come with the silver painted centers so I bought the black painted ones and painted them silver myself.( still kept the polished lip) (basecoat/clearcoat Dupont chroma auto paint)

Can you run the SVT center caps on those FR500 rims?

Yes but you will have to reuse the center snap in part that comes with the wheels and stick the SVT emblem on them. (easier than it sounds)

Is the weight any more than the 18" stockers?

very close to the same but slightly less.

It says the 10" wide run a 40 offset, is that any different than the factory rims?

Yes

Just curious why the offset is different from the 9" to the 10"
The 10 are a "deep dish" wheel The rear deep dish gives the car a more " muscle car " stance.

thx

What suspension do you have? I have the same color GT500 and I'm very interested in those wheels. Great stance by the way!!

Any side pics of the car?

What's the widest rear tire one can run on those rims?
Steeda adjustable coil-overs ( set about the same height as the FRPP suspension)

Steeda Coilovers,Saleen Watts Link and more - STANGMAFIA.COM Ford Mustang, GT500, and SVT Forums

Can't find those grey color fr500's anywhere in a 40mm offset....( never mind found it ). For the grey ones can the factory lugs be used?[/quote]

Yes,I did.

Caution:Be sure to tell them the wheels you want are for the GT500 otherwise they will not clear the front brakes!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread