Anyone running Lysholm Supercharger?

04terminator04

Established Member
Been looking around, and toying the idea of doing a blower later on next year( would like to try out my recently done ported eaton) and I really like the kenne belle blowers but ive been looking at the lysholm and they look really good, for everything they come with which is basically everything minus fuel mods and tune yadda yadda yadda.

Take a look for yourself and see what you think.
2003-2004 4.6L 4V Mustang Cobra Supercharger Tuner Kits | Lysholm

z28misfit

Established Member
bump for this post..I've been looking at these blowers also?? I really wanna go turbo,,but I still keep looking at blower upgrades as an option as it will be alittle more straight forward install and what not.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
lysholm is the same design as a whipple and Kenne bell. The info is out there, but the original companies were autorotor, lysolm.....not sure if they were owned by the same entity or not, but basically your going to get the same performance whichever route you go. Just what i have read. I personally think it just comes down to do you want a louder blower, or the design/price you happen to come upon.
Twin screw is twin screw. i had a whipple, i will be doing a Bell simply to change it up.

z28misfit

Established Member
the lysholm kit makes you relocate your battery which I guess is no big deal but its more money invested into the project....thats not the only thing either. I guess they have some 5'' inlet upgrade,Im assuming thats suppose to be comparable to whipples crusher inlet?? Ive only seen a price on the lysholm setup with the smaller inlet which is cheaper than the whipple crusher package,but I would like to find out a price on Lysholms 5'' upgrade inlet setup??

Quick Strike

Established Member
The KB and Whipple are more common and seem to be the last thing on many cars before they go turbo. There are many good deals on used set-ups from people going turbo that are selling their previous combination to help finance the turbo(s). Most of these are complete kits since the turbo combination retains very little from the SC combination. I got mine that way and sent it to KB to be evaluated. They did a few tests, reported it was fine and sent it back for the cost of shipping. The end result was a nice KB 2.8H for half the cost of new.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Yes...I'm running a 2.3 Lysholm and it is fantastic!

Remember, Lysholm was Ford's choice as the OEM supplier on the Ford GT. Great quality product...now in some sort of joint-venture/merger/U.S. Representation agreement with Vortech, I guess...but, I highly recommend their twin-screw blower.

DSC05324.gif

greengt88

Established Member
very interesting reading on the KB link, makes me think twice about buying anything but a KB, Those bearings tell a lot.

orange04

Established Member
The 3.3L from Vortech already has a "crusher type" inlet installed on it. The
4" inlet tube is setup to run your standard SCT/Lightning meter. They have a larger 5" inlet tube that comes with their 123mm MAF. Most will be ok with the 4" inlet but if you want to go for really big numbers, they have the 5" available. It actually is a nicely put together kit. I'm very happy with the way mine turned out.

z28misfit

Established Member
The 3.3L from Vortech already has a "crusher type" inlet installed on it. The
4" inlet tube is setup to run your standard SCT/Lightning meter. They have a larger 5" inlet tube that comes with their 123mm MAF. Most will be ok with the 4" inlet but if you want to go for really big numbers, they have the 5" available. It actually is a nicely put together kit. I'm very happy with the way mine turned out.

what size is the crusher inlet on the 3.4whipple?? I think they use around a 123mm or so MAF with the crusher setup

Greg@RET

Established Member
I like them, I will have some dyno #'s for that orange one in the link here shortly.

orange04

Established Member
The actual inlet of the supercharger is comparable to "crusher style" inlet.
Rumor has it that the inlet flows somewhere in the 2000 cfm range. Coupled with the huge supplied throttle body and optional 5" Tube and 123mm Maf, it should be able to produce big numbers. I know a member highpsi made 630 rwhp with the 4" inlet and 14PSI and Comp stage 3 cams thanks to Lysholm and Greg's awesome tuning!!! Great work Greg!!!

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Are there any options to move the battery to the passenger's side instead of the trunk?

KILRSVT

Established Member
Looks like sweet blower..... Kinda looks like my gen2 2.3 whipple... It has the lightning intake back... Looks better on the side but sweet blower none the less can't loose going twin screw

GodStang

Established Member
The Whipples original supplier was the Lysholm rotors. Then after Lysholm screwed Whipple, Whipple started making their own rotors and their own rotors actually made more power. Straight up compressor comparison the Whipple and Kenne Bell are so much better. What Vortech does to make up for the lesser compressor is make a bigger inlet. You go up against the Crusher or Behemoth or Mammoth the Lysholm does not stand a chance.

orange04

Established Member
Are there any options to move the battery to the passenger's side instead of the trunk?

Sure you can just extend the existing wires. The battery tray will actually fit over there just like the earlier Fox body Mustangs. There is a forum member that has done this, may you can PM him, user 07 s197.

hcracerx

Established Member
The Whipples original supplier was the Lysholm rotors. Then after Lysholm screwed Whipple, Whipple started making their own rotors
Granted, there are 2 sides to every argument...but much of what I have heard on the subject of "screwing" does not coincide with your statements. Also, there seems to be quite a bit of anger in your posts on anything concerning Lysholm & Vortech. Can you tell us why this is? I've loved every Vortech product I've ever owned.

Straight up compressor comparison the Whipple and Kenne Bell are so much better. What Vortech does to make up for the lesser compressor is make a bigger inlet. You go up against the Crusher or Behemoth or Mammoth the Lysholm does not stand a chance.
Again, much anger. Can you provide us ANY evidence showing that your opinion in the matter holds any clout? Have you personally tested the Lysholm 3.3L vs. any other brand, or is this all just conjecture due to some misplaced anger?

hcracerx

Established Member
Was poking around a little AND FOUND THIS on another forum...guy says he's making 755RWHP with the Vortech kit on pump gas! That sounds pretty impressive to me...

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I hate to bring this thread back from the dead but does anyone have any more news on these blowers?

Users who are viewing this thread