Anyone running the DSS Pro Level half shafts?

Frankiebonez

Established Member
I saw on Lethal Performance that they now offer an even beefier half shaft from the Drive Shaft Shop. The Pro Level half shaft:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...shop-03-04-cobra-pro-level-rear-axle-kit.html

From what I have read in comparison to the stage 5s, they seem a good bit stronger. Anyone using them, or what do they think of these?

I personally want to keep my IRS because I just dont want to kill the ride quality of my car since its a street car. But I also dont want to have to worry about snapping my half shafts once I put the whipple on my car and am running some Mickey T's drag radials out back, or go to the drag strip on slicks.

GodStang

Established Member
Half of them. After multiple problems with my Chromoly lvl 5s I got a set sent to me that had the upgraded porche ends. A couple of us got them a year ago. I guess after all the time and damaged they caused they felt it was right to upgrade us for free....sorta.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm with Godstang and so far I haven't had any troubles since the problems were fixed. We got half of the pro. I don't know how many launches I have but it's quite a bit at 4,500 up to 5,500 on 28" Hoosiers. Granted sometimes I blew the tires off and I can't 60' but I'm just sayin lol.

Last edited:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
That the driveshaft shop continues to find new customers just boggles my mind.

Whats REALLY funny are the guys who keep giving them more money repeatedly, in hopes that eventually they'll solve the issues...ON THE CUSTOMER'S DIME. Thats a special kind of stupid.

New Dude

Established Member
Id too like to know how many are having success with these! I want to hold out for the supposed Strange half shafts......but I am still waiting

astippich

Established Member
If you buy these(don't) you'll have less than a coin flip's chance they're manufactured properly. If you like to drive your car I wouldn't buy these. If you like to constantly tare your half shaft's out and put them back in then go for it.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
At nearly $2k why not an SRA? What's there to prove with IRS?

Because the IRS is a much smoother ride and launches just as well. From what I've seen people are having much better luck with these new ones as opposed to the old Level 5's. If it were me I'd just keep the stock halfshafts in there, for the cost of those aftermarket ones you would have to break 15-20 stock halfshafts before you break even. After 53K miles and almost 200 track passes, many with nitrous and slicks, my stock halfshafts are still holding up just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread