anyone running UPR tune ?

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
I have a tuner I bought from upr and they will do tune changes for free.i am about to install lt headers and cai and don't want to spend $200 for a tune till I start going to the track.with that said it will be AED TUNE but not right now.

daustin

Established Member
I also saw that latemodelrestoration (SVE) does tunes now as well but have never heard of anyone running them. There's a guy called Sharad on AFM that runs a UPR tune but I'm almost certain he works for them as well. He's Supercharged and pretty sure his car rolls out pretty good but I can't say their tunes (UPR) are good or bad. I know I'll be sticking with my AED tune.

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
just wanted to get some opinions .I have read a lot of posts about bad tunes and the #8 cylinder problems.and I am not saying the upr tunes are good or bad.i just don't wanna go lean.thanks for comments

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
just wanted to get some opinions .I have read a lot of posts about bad tunes and the #8 cylinder problems.and I am not saying the upr tunes are good or bad.i just don't wanna go lean.thanks for comments
With tuners like jpc and lund why would anyone look at some no name tuner? Go with the people that have the fastest cars and hold all the records.

mhyjek

Established Member
With tuners like jpc and lund why would anyone look at some no name tuner? Go with the people that have the fastest cars and hold all the records.
I agree Lund, AED, JPC they have a lot of happy customers!
I had AED before FI now Lund and both instances car ran great.
I was a little concerned when going to lund because of poor response time but I can say 100% internet bs!!! They have been very responsive and have gotten my car running like a champ!!! This weekend I will post my most recent change and performance gains just need one more time at track with tune changes to give the proof!!!

daustin

Established Member

I agree. With the coyote/copperhead, people should go with the tried and true tuners that have all of the "kinks"worked out. I wouldn't say these new tuners are bad simply because I can't, because I haven't tried them.

This is bad for the new tuners and puts them in a tough spot as they have to prove themselves somehow, but I won't be a guinea pig with my $8k motor.

In my opinion, a tune is not something you want to bargain shop for. Hell, there are some big name tuners that I wouldn't let tune my car. It's up to the customer to do their due diligence before choosing a tuner.

OP: if you're going to spend the money on long tubes and a CAI, please spend the extra couple of hundred bucks on a solid tune. And don't cheap out on the long tubes or CAI either. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread