Anyone Seen Wonder Woman?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If you haven’t, its a must watch. Even if you’re not a big comic book movie guy, its a great entertaining flick. I thought it was fantastic and lived way higher than my short expectations.

I didnt expect it to be a great film and it’s certainly a big start for DC movies.

Edit: Arrgg can I get title changed to seen? LOL

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
****ing amazing!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
The only complaint I had was all the allied aircraft in German markings and the psudo metal generic 4 engine bomber instead of a Zeppelin Stakken IV or even a Gotha V. The two allied planes that was standing in was the Sopwith Strutter at the Ottoman chemical factory with the Fokker Endeckers. Then the Sopwith triplane that was in the background with the Fokker Dr-1 in the forground at the military airdrome. Other than that it was a well made and entertaining movie that explained Wonder Woman and how she came about.

But of course I do WWI re-enacting so I could easily pick out these minor discrepancies.

The one thing that I didn't know was the one that plays Wonder Woman is ex IDF

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Those MG 08-15's they use really are loud and kick up a lot of dust going full auto, we have about 8 real ones and I think another 6 semi auto versions in the GWA, and when it's dry out over on the German side of the trenches it looks like a dust storm when 2 or 3 are close together. Even with the blank adapters on the muzzles restricting the gas out the end.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The only complaint I had was all the allied aircraft in German markings and the psudo metal generic 4 engine bomber instead of a Zeppelin Stakken IV or even a Gotha V. The two allied planes that was standing in was the Sopwith Strutter at the Ottoman chemical factory with the Fokker Endeckers. Then the Sopwith triplane that was in the background with the Fokker Dr-1 in the forground at the military airdrome. Other than that it was a well made and entertaining movie that explained Wonder Woman and how she came about.

But of course I do WWI re-enacting so I could easily pick out these minor discrepancies.

The one thing that I didn't know was the one that plays Wonder Woman is ex IDF

Those MG 08-15's they use really are loud and kick up a lot of dust going full auto, we have about 8 real ones and I think another 6 semi auto versions in the GWA, and when it's dry out over on the German side of the trenches it looks like a dust storm when 2 or 3 are close together. Even with the blank adapters on the muzzles restricting the gas out the end.

Movie with super hot chick and you're talking planes and gunso_O

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Almost went this weekend with my daughter, but saw that there is a shot of a dude naked holding his junk with his hands and also talk about girls getting off by themselves or something? I just don't see why they needed to put a shot of a naked dude in there smh.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Almost went this weekend with my daughter, but say there is a shot of a dude naked holding his junk with his hands and talk about girls getting off by themselves or something? I just don't see why they needed to put a shot of a naked dude in there smh.
To give straight girls (and gay dudes) something to look at. Straight guys and lesbians were covered by Gal.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Unless your daughter is a perv, she wouldn't pick up on the masturbation stuff. Yeah, Chris Pine gets nude, but like you said, he's covered up.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Interesting, I thought it was a bit boring. Not the worst DC movie in any sorts, just not a movie I would recommend to watch in the movies. Kind of a Redbox movie. Just my .02!
You're nuts! Lol. I was into it the whole time. It was more than just another superhero movie. Marvel is kind of playing to the mindless crowd.

deletednow2017

Established Member
You're nuts! Lol. I was into it the whole time. It was more than just another superhero movie. Marvel is kind of playing to the mindless crowd.

I saw it as the total opposite. I thought this played to the mindless crowd. Marvel has been hitting it out of the park recently. DC is nothing more than a disappointment to me, like 5th gen Camaros :)

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Marvel 4 life :)
I really wanted to like this movie. :(
I enjoy marvel as well but their kid comedy relief gets a bit annoying at times and well Iron Man pretty much inventing and running everything bothers me. I'm a comic book guy lol

I thought this was better than most Marvel films and easily the best DCU film

Sirraf

Established Member
It was much better than I thought it was going to be. It is evident there is a strong push from the feminists in this one though.

spectreman

Established Member
I really enjoyed it.

When this movie was announced a few years back, I didn't have any real expectations or desires to see it, this coming from a lifetime comic book kid. Wonder Woman just never did it for me. But once she appeared in SvB, it was game on.

Gal Gadot hits it on the head w/her character. Besides the obvious fact that she is beyond gorgeous, her character develops interestingly as the plot moves along.

And I took my 13 yr. old daughter to see this movie and she enjoyed it too. Pine being naked briefly added to the comic intent and the lesbian thing flew over both our heads.

Here's the point that really kills me tho w/complaints from professional and amateur critics about any superhero movie. You're basically watching a live action comic book so you've got to suspend certain aspects of reality, just like w/any ficition, especially fantasy/science fiction. You've got to let certain things, like historical accuracy, slide a touch- it's a comic book, fercrissakes. Let it go and just enjoy the movie. Take 2 hrs. out of your life and take a break. Let your mind go and don't be so critical.
Lee

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yup, Gal Gadot turned out to be the perfect WW.
I'm not surprised at all. I really thought she was the perfect pick for the role when first announced. I haven't seen the movie yet, but it is high on my list. Looking forward now to watching a great movie based on the comments so far.

Users who are viewing this thread