Anyone shipped their Shelby?

Clemson

Established Member
Leaning towards enclosed carrier for obvious reasons, but is there any reason to consider open, aside from costing half as much?

GWFoos

Established Member
I shipped mine from MD to TX in an enclosed trailer. For me, personally, I didn't even consider open. Hail, dirt, rocks, etc. I had my dealer suggest a nationally bonded shipping company and did research on their history. I paid $1575.

Hope this helps.

evil eye

Established Member
Enclosed from IN to NY. Never considered open carrier due to debris/weather. You spent this much on the car, don't skimp out now. :)

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Never even considered open because of the elements-debris potential. I used Reliable Transport when purchasing my 09 from MN to NY. And the new owner used them from NY to KY with NO issues... It's that old saying... you get what you pay for!

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
When I shipped my Cobra R I went enclosed--yet it was filthy when I went to pick it up... :(

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
So there's basically no good way to protect a car if it's being hauled on an open trailer?

I'm in a similar situation as op. I'm strongly considering relocating 2k miles away and would much rather haul the car with me but would rather make two trips and put easy road miles on the Shelby vs having it get beat to hell from road debris.

Joraft

Established Member
I used All Seasons Auto Transport to ship my convertible from Nebraska to Los Angeles, door to door. I never considered anything but enclosed.

It took 3 days to get here, not a scratch or even any dust on it. Not even a tenth added to the odometer. Total cost $1200. Worth every penny.

Loading in Imperial, Nebraska:

018.JPG

Arriving in Los Angeles at midnight 3 days later:

030.JPG

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
So there's basically no good way to protect a car if it's being hauled on an open trailer?

I'm in a similar situation as op. I'm strongly considering relocating 2k miles away and would much rather haul the car with me but would rather make two trips and put easy road miles on the Shelby vs having it get beat to hell from road debris.

Nope. And don't let anyone convince you a car cover will help. That will beat your paint to death.

Tom

Mlarv

2013 Shelby GT500
Established Member
If I had a truck that could pull an enclosed car trailer I would do it that way. I have hauled my 68 on open trailers cross country behind my truck with out any problems. Several times from TX to TN to WA now to OH. If you are moving yourself I did move my 68 once in a Uhaul in the back the trick was getting it in there and out of there. If you are shipping it then enclosed is the only way to go I saw one last year on I76 just outside Pittsburgh on an open trailer and it was covered in snow and road salts not a pretty sight.

Users who are viewing this thread