Anyone that upgraded 460 to MACH 1000 with kit

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
That Mach 1000 upgrade sounds like a scam. Why do they even sell it if it doesn't work like it's advertised?

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
we're not sure yet that it doesn't work the way they say. We all have at least SOME expectation that it CAN be made to work like its advertised. It is the exact same hardware...the only difference comes in the head unit. I think once we get the head unit issues worked out and try a few configurations, all will be fine. It is far from a scam per se...but it is still uncharted territory to find the best way to use the upgrade kit.

I'm not sure the kit was ever designed to upgrade the pre-2001 cars to the mach 1000. The kit on radios and more was listed as 2001 and up when I ordered it. Ron from Radios and More told me directly that he's heard both the stock mach 1000, and a current year mach 460 upgraded with the kit, and to him "if there is any difference at all, it is very minor."

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
we're not sure yet that it doesn't work the way they say. We all have at least SOME expectation that it CAN be made to work like its advertised. It is the exact same hardware...the only difference comes in the head unit. I think once we get the head unit issues worked out and try a few configurations, all will be fine. It is far from a scam per se...but it is still uncharted territory to find the best way to use the upgrade kit.

I'm not sure the kit was ever designed to upgrade the pre-2001 cars to the mach 1000. The kit on radios and more was listed as 2001 and up when I ordered it. Ron from Radios and More told me directly that he's heard both the stock mach 1000, and a current year mach 460 upgraded with the kit, and to him "if there is any difference at all, it is very minor."

Everywhere that I have seen the Mach1000 advertised it was listed as an upgrade for any Mach460 system 94' and up. Including Radios and Mores' application page. I have listened to a factory Mach1000 system here at work......gone home and listened to my "upgraded" Mach1000 in my wifes 97' and the stock Mach 460 in my 03'(both of these cars side by side). The upgraded kit has more bass than the stock 460 but not as much as the factory 1000. The lows and mids of the upgraded kit sound very similar to the stock 460 and nowhere close to the factory 1000 system. I'm not really sure how to describe the difference in the upgraded system versus the factory system but the upgraded system doesn't seem to have near the volume or amount of sound that the factory system has. The factory Mach1000 is louder at 1/2 - 2/3 volume than the upgraded system is at full volume.

Darin

Users who are viewing this thread