Anyone use a Darton sleeved block?

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
I have a chance to get a darton dry-sleeved block for under $300. It needs an align hone and final bore yet. Does anyone use this and did it work well? I do not have $4000 for the FRPP BB block, so it is this or stick with a standard bore teksid instead. Motor will be stroked with ported 03 4v heads, ported intake, 12.5:1, and a 200-250 shot on E98 fuel. What would you do. The price is right. The sleeved block is a teksid as well.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I hope there isn't any problems. I have a sleeved Teksid sitting my garage waiting to get rebuilt. I'm planning on going with boost for my set up.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't see how that's possible. Unless the block and/or heads are severly warped. Aren't the stock blocks sleeved as well?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I have a chance to get a darton dry-sleeved block for under $300. It needs an align hone and final bore yet. Does anyone use this and did it work well? I do not have $4000 for the FRPP BB block, so it is this or stick with a standard bore teksid instead. Motor will be stroked with ported 03 4v heads, ported intake, 12.5:1, and a 200-250 shot on E98 fuel. What would you do. The price is right. The sleeved block is a teksid as well.

There is nothing wrong with a dry sleeve, it's the wet sleeves you have to be worry about. However, if you plan on throwing a 250 shot at it you will need to go with a 322 CI motor as opposed to a 324. The extra sealing surface between the bores will be needed. He can fill you in on the details. John at Modular Performance built Naz's 322 n2o motor and even with the Boss block he recommended the smaller displacement. He's built many BB motors with Darton sleeves, give him a call.

What intake will you be using?

Last edited:

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I didn't know dry sleeves could be punched out far enough to give 322 on an aluminum block. This is news to me!

Janstang

Established Member
There is nothing wrong with a dry sleeve, it's the wet sleeves you have to be worry about. However, if you plan on throwing a 250 shot at it you will need to go with a 322 CI motor as opposed to a 324. The extra sealing surface between the bores will be needed. He can fill you in on the details. John at Modular Performance built Naz's 322 n2o motor and even with the Boss block he recommended the smaller displacement. He's built many BB motors with Darton sleeves, give him a call.

What intake will you be using?
He bought my Naz-ty p/p 01 intake. I'm making some major changes over the winter, so won't need it.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Modular Performance was 1,000,000% helpful. He sounded like he knew what he was doing so much better than DSS. Block will be shipped there for the final machining and assembly. :banana:

Nazman

Established Member
Modular Performance was 1,000,000% helpful. He sounded like he knew what he was doing so much better than DSS. Block will be shipped there for the final machining and assembly. :banana:

RMFOL!!! Ah.... Ill say that John Tymensky knows his stuff! Ill say probaby the #1 Modular engine builder nation wide (trust me, you just dont find him talking smack on the internet)... Look at his racing records and all the records his motors have held! Fastest/Quickests Modular motors around! Plus the guy worked for Ford as an enginieer/developer for like 20 years -on the high performance stuff-.....:beer: He will be the only one Ill trust to build my motors other than I!!!!

Naz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread