anyone used the smoke lens paint?

LDC2335

Established Member
its fine if you do it right. Which includes sanding, painting, clearcoating, wetsanding, wetsanding, wetsanding, polishing, buffing, waxing buffing.

otherwise its a dull textured finish that looks like crap.

Eddie Z

Established Member
Not worth it. Sorry I'm so Debbie Downer about it, but I just got nailed for having smoked tails and had to fork over $96 of my hard earned money. LEOs are hurting for money more than ever, don't give them an excuse to take your money.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
its fine if you do it right. Which includes sanding, painting, clearcoating, wetsanding, wetsanding, wetsanding, polishing, buffing, waxing buffing.

otherwise its a dull textured finish that looks like crap.

Sounds like more work then it's worth.

LDC2335

Established Member
if done right they should look like this... check the market section, there was a guy doing this.

these are on ebay 1994-1998 Ford Mustang Smoked Tail lights GT OEM 98 96:eBay Motors (item 260494689194 end time Nov-20-09 09:31:59 PST)
S7302539.jpg

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Did mine the old fashioned way; scuffed them down, prepped them for paint with adhesion promoter, mixed a little black paint into the some clear and sprayed them until i got the shade I wanted. Sorry for the picture size...
IMG_1085-1.jpg

whitefiveo

Established Member
those look good, im going to try the lens paint, the sanding and buffing isnt a problem for me, i painted my s281 wing with automotive paint from oriellys and you can't even tell, when i tell people i did it with spray cans, they are amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread