Anyone using Spintechs?

cltgt

Life is a drag race
Established Member
Ordered a set of Spintech mufflers and installed them on Saturday. First off, all I can say is holy sheot!:banana: I am running an o/r x-pipe and Haven't heard anything like it. I almost have to roll the car out of the garage to start it up.

My question. If anyone else is running these mufflers, what type of midpipe are you running? Are you using converters? It sounds awesome, but I am afraid there will be a run in with the law sooner or later...:)

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
I am running them and a bunch of 99-04 Roush mustang owners. I am running an o/r h and it sounds better than the x, The x seems to be to raspy.

KILRSVT

Established Member
i hear of one other person having those mufflers and I heard it was extremely loud..i like my exhaust to be loud but not loed enough to where you can no longer hear the blower.
I think his set up was long tubes H pip

Torked03

Established Member
I'm running them with an o/r x right now. When i got the car I had hi Flow cats but they started busting up so I helped them out. Just bought a prochamber o/r of course to run and I cant wait to put it on.

Torked03

Established Member
Sound

I Love it the pro-chamber it makes the car sound so much deeper. Dont get me wrong Flowmasters sound great but these have a different sound, while still kinda old school. That is at least inside the car. I have'nt heard it go up the road with anyone else driving. The 2k drone is still there but has been cut in half.

postalbunny

Established Member
Had some spintechs on a fox body... it was loud, but only seemed to be loud up top. Sounded more like a nascar. Ended up swappin them out for some flowmaster 40's.

Never tried them on a 4.6L though.

Stalker27

Established Member
Are they as loud as the SLP Loudmouth and do they have a good sound to them at cruise or is just obnoxious

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I've got the Spintech side exit exhaust. The mufflers are alright but the "kit" the sell for Cobra's does not fit a Cobra and has to be completely reworked.

Jason

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9fR39YMtcg"]YouTube - 2003 SVT Cobra - Stock H pipe - Spintech Cobra R Replica exhaust[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread