Anyone using the Swarr Bar?

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I am using one. Does it help with reducing 60' times? I don't think there's any measurable improvement. I would think control arms and panhard bars have more of an impact. I added mine because I actually spun an axle tube (while drag racing) with my stock rear end. When I got a new rear end I installed a Swarr bar to help prevent that type of failure from re-occurring. If you look closely to the attached pic you can see the Swarr bar. I had it welded on for good measure.
b35d919090ec46bd50dec8a38adefce3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
American Muscle says they won't work with LCA Relo Brackets. Seems to me there's more to be gained with relo brackets.

Steve

96gt02

Established Member
Your better off just welding your tubes, easier and more effective

2010 Red&white

Established Member
Your better off just welding your tubes, easier and more effective

I agree that it is probably more effective....but easier welding ? Welding done right has You removing the rear axle ,
draining the lube , removing the gears , not a beginner weld job with cast hub and steel tubes , re-assembly , etc.

OhYo

Established Member
I did some research on the swarr bar and was planning on adding one. Somewhere along the line I read a thread that recommended the CHE brace over the swarr bar. Not knocking the swarr but it seems CHE's brace is a slightly better design.

https://www.cheperformance.com/collections/2011-2014-chassis-and-suspension-bracing/products/che9l

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'm most likely getting my axle tubes welded. He does it while on the car and has never had a problem but warned me there's a small chance of it bending because like earlier mentioned the proper way is off the car and in a vice of some sorts.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I personally would not have it done on the car. I do not race and do not need to have it done but I know welding dissimilar metal can cause all kinds of problems if not done exactly right. So you take your chances doing it that way. I do not think he would guarantee something like that.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I wouldn't get mine welded, unless it was done by the book. If you develop a micro crack it could expand over time, you could end up with the tube snapping off. Wouldn't want that happening at speed, or at any time! If they were the same metal type, I'd take the chance with it on the car, but no way with it being dissimilar metals.

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
I have welded them on the car myself and not had any problems. It was also a much cheaper car (fox body), much lighter (2800lb), and far less power (450hp crank). I was tempted to break out the mig and weld this one but she's a fat pig with over 700 wheel horsepower and thought better of it. As far as the Che brace I think it is better for road racing but it doesn't look like it would be stronger torsionally plus it looks like a jungle gym under the car.

shelby2

Established Member
I have the Swarr bar, and I know the owner/ designer of the bar. Eric is a great guy, and I run one of his bars in my car. Very inexpensive for the added piece of mind. Especially if you start going crazy on HP.:rolling:
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread