anyone with the X4 here? want to monitor IAT2

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
Hey guys, I ordered the X4 with custom tune for my 2.81 pulley. But another big reason for the purchase was that I thought I'd be able to real-time monitor the IAT2's. But so far, playing around with the device I can't seem to find that output in the list with guages. Just 'air intake temp' which I think is the one by the filter. Does display FP duty cycle and MAF counts which is pretty neat.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
Not yet, I haven't driven the car yet. I just hooked it up and scrolled through the parameters that are possible to display and monitor on the handheld while driving.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You need to download Livelink from SCT. I could do some logging from my X3, but LL is the shit.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
I know, I have downloaded it. But one of the main reasons I wanted the X4 is to monitor stuff real time on the screen while driving.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
I don't have a phone that supports apps, sadly. But I'm kind of dissappointed if it turns out I can't monitor IAT2 on the x4, that's one of the big reasons I bought it.

TRBO VNM

I don't have a phone that supports apps, sadly. But I'm kind of dissappointed if it turns out I can't monitor IAT2 on the x4, that's one of the big reasons I bought it.

I know the X3 never did and I was shocked as well. That is more critical than IAT1, but would be nice to see the difference between the two.

Give SCT a call and see if that is a PID they can add. I will email my rep and mention it as well. Maybe they can and it be a firmware update.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
The X3 datalogged with IAT2 with livewire though right? I'm emailing SCT, but so far they've not been very helpful.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
Sorry I meant livelink, but that's a big dissappointment. SCT needs to get this going, how hard can it be of the aeroforce gauges can scan it?

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
I know people use those too, but I needed a handheld and thought it would monitor IAT2 too... I feel cheated.

TRBO VNM

I called today. The tech guy was shocked and said he was going to have their QA folks check on it. They have an 04 cobra sitting right there. I told him to try both the X3 and 4. Neither logs downstream on the device and never has. He didn't believe it since it was a pid, that it should be something you can log on the device.

TRBO VNM

Info from SCT. I haven't tried this yet. Just got the email and wanted to share.

"QA has told me this has to be done using a custom configuration file in LiveLink and then transferred to the device. You can then monitor this PID using the device only. The reason the device is limited to a select few PIDS is because there are several hundred available to log and it would consume memory having them all on there."

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Datalogging with the X4 is a bit different than with the X3 and previous models. You can't select specific PIDs to datalog from the device menu. You can only select 8 or so that you want it to DISPLAY on the screen but when recording, it still records the entire set of PIDs that it is programmed to record for the PCM code it is connected to.

If you want to datalog a customized set of parameters, you have to do it using LiveLink II software on a laptop connected to the PCM through the X4 handheld device.

This method actually works WAY better with the X4 than it did with the X3 and others - there were lots of issues with LiveLink II and the X3. However, I still cannot get a valid MAF counts reading using LiveLink II. The PID options that come up all report MAF counts incorrectly. I have had to go back to using the base handheld datalogging method when I want to datalog MAF counts.

I have gotten IAT2 to work though. There are a couple options in LiveLink II but only one of them is valid. I can send you the PID name when I get home tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread