Appearance Mod - Fastback Look for the 03

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
That is very impressive. Just a thought, but, do you think it would be possible to integrate a non-round rool bar into that so that it as hidden as possible and took as little space as possible? I have to be able to still use the back seat on occasion for the kids, so what ever I do for a roll bar has to accomidate their seating as well as their ability to enter and exit the rear seats.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Thanks for all the positive replies :) People who knew i was doing this were 100% supportive, and i equally appreciate everyone else's support and comments as well..thankyou :beer:

The pieces were made out of fiberglass..direct bolt-on replacements. The window is actually still in place under the panel. The fit is perfect with no modification. I did the install myself so it took me a little longer than it would take a shop. I would say the only part that was difficult was removing the c-pillar(what was removed)from the b-pillar(the panel that is alongside the roof). U can pry up the b-pillar so u can unhook the c-pillar(it is attached underneath the b-pillar), or u can use a circular blade and cut the end of the c-piller where it butts up against the b-pillar. I chose to cut because i was not going back to the stock pillars.

Basically it entails this:

Remove the inside paneling by removing the seat belt bolt(using an allens key), remove the hook where u hang a hanger..then pull on the panel to remove it. Once removed, you'll see another seat belt bolt for the rear seats..remove that. Then u will remove 5 nuts(11mm). Once done u go to the outside and remove the molding near the bottom of the window..u will no longer need that. Then u choose the route u want to go with that i described in the above paragraph. Once that's done, u pull off the old panel and u place the new panel in place then bolt everything back up. They'll basically make any type of fitting/molding u want. I can have more detailed pics tomorrow of step by step if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Looks good, now all you need are some rear window louvers (?)

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
That is very impressive. Just a thought, but, do you think it would be possible to integrate a non-round rool bar into that so that it as hidden as possible and took as little space as possible? I have to be able to still use the back seat on occasion for the kids, so what ever I do for a roll bar has to accomidate their seating as well as their ability to enter and exit the rear seats.

I see what u mean. I've seen 4 03's with roll bars..all of them take away the rear seat use. What you're describing would have to be brought up with a company to manufacture custom bars..probably a little more of the expensive route. In most cases they'd want u to bring the car by so they can spec it out. That whole issue about entering and exiting the back seats is why i've been hesitant on putting one in.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
DAMN MAN!!! they turned out AWESOME!! Great job on the volor match too. Great look to back up your muscle :beer: Congrats man, looks bad-ass!!

Thanks Mike :) and FINALLY, someone's noticed i've been bulking up :D ....i wish lol.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Franco - thats awsome man, thats the first time I have seen that. Good job man :thumbsup:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
that looks awesome Franco! What else do you have in store?

Appearance wise?..i'm done, unless i get an urge to put a wing on it. Mod wise..cams, clutch and rear. Congrats on the Apten and strap a parachute on your vert now :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Xplicit
close up for Dave :)
Yeh, very nice. Looks like it came like that from the factory. Sure does give the car a nice, different look. :beer:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
That's a kick a$$ custom factory looking mod. So Sweat.. Gives me good ideas.:rockon:

Last edited:

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by Xplicit
I see what u mean. I've seen 4 03's with roll bars..all of them take away the rear seat use. What you're describing would have to be brought up with a company to manufacture custom bars..probably a little more of the expensive route. In most cases they'd want u to bring the car by so they can spec it out. That whole issue about entering and exiting the back seats is why i've been hesitant on putting one in.

Have you seen QMPs? I usually dont like roll cages in cars with rear seats for the reasons you posted, but theres looks top notch. Quite stealthy as well

Users who are viewing this thread