Apple Watch

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Did anyone pre-order the watch this morning? I opted for the sport version in black 42mm to replace the jawbone i have. It will mostly be used for tracking fitness and such and music.

Anyone else got one for release day?

CLN 6R

Established Member
I thought about it, but decided to wait for more reviews to come out to see what it's a actually capable of doing, and if it's worth it.

I was going to get a 42mm SS with the classic buckle or the Milanese loop.

Might just wait for the next generation.

wallie40

Established Member
Pr-ordered 3 of them with delivery on 4/24. The watch had sold out in about 6 hours, in about 30-40 mins the delivery was pushed out to 4-6 weeks. Right now you cant get one until June/July.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Can someone tell me the benefits of these smart watches? I honestly don't get it.

wallie40

Established Member
Its just a person to person thing. I live my life on my phone.. It makes sense for me to be able to answer requests without having to take out my watch during a meeting.

It's going to be like the 1st Gen iPad. No one really knew what it was for either. It looks like a big phone.

ThomasL

Established Member
I'll get one of the all black sport watches. Worst case scenario: it's a sleek looking watch. Best case: it does all kinds of cool shit as advertised.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
They're already out.

This is why I won't get one:
The Apple Watch reviews are (quietly) brutal

I got the LG Gwatch R for $250, runs all day with no issues. The hype over the I-watch is BS, Apple was late to this party. Android is way ahead of Apple on this. As far as the reason for buying a smart watch, I like tech toys. But a good advantage for me is I can now leave my phone with ringer off in my pocket and not have to get it out to check messages and make/receive calls (with bluetooth head set).

HandBanana

Established Member
Lame. Can't wait to make fun of a whole new group of people for talking into their wrists like secret service agents. Ridiculous.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I have the Samsung gear s. It's epic. I don't even need my phone in proximity to use it. I can leave my phone at home to go for a run and still get calls and texts. Apple does not do this. Gear s > apple watch.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Ps. The gear s has a 4g hard drive and is waaaayyyy faster as well. Apple is definitely behind the curve on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread