Apten with nitrous results!

Greg Anderson

Established Member
Ok my car made 453rwhp and 464rwtq with a 2.90rr pulley, CAI, BBK o/r x-pipe, bassani cat-back and chip tuned by MCRacing. Just by adding a apten blower and 2.80 steeda pulley and new tune it made 506rwhp and 496rwtq! I also added a dry nitrous kit. Just to be safe we took out 3 degrees timing and added fuel which made my horsepower go down to 485rwhp and my a/f was a rich 11.2 across the board. Next run was with the nitrous and my results were 510rwhp and 515rwtq. We didnt go any further due to my a/f going up from 11.2 to 12.3. So we put the good tune back in for now. BTW this was with a .28 jet which is egual to a 30 hp shot. MCRacing had no flip chips in stock last night so we decided to wait untill we spray anymore. In other words the meter didnt pick up much if any so people wanting nitrous better go with a flip chip. Anyway flipchip will be in this week and I will have much better #s. But I am happy with the 506rwhp for now. I will try to post the dyno graphs up later.

fubu795

Banned
Nice results with the apten, I think this is definitly the key for people who dont have 4k plus laying around for the kenne bell or procharger. I'm definitly thinking about the apten later this summer.
:)

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Great results with the Apten! Can't wait to see your new nitrous results. It would suck if you had to keep it detuned that much to where you hardly have any gains. Keep us posted! Sounds like a beast.

Juiced-03

Established Member
your nitrous results are a little disappointing, but the apten numbers are strong!!

Griffin

Established Member
Not knocking you or anytning but how can you tell what your results were if you are changing pulleys and changing the tune?

And for the nitrous. Don't retard the timing that much. A 28 jet is very small and you don't need to retard that much. I run a 36 jet and retard my timing 2 degrees just to be safe.

:beer:

BigDaddy

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
your nitrous results are a little disappointing, but the apten numbers are strong!!

He received 25rwhp from a 30hp shot, thats actually pretty decent.--The key is to run the flip chip with more nitrous to offset the timing retard and added fuel. I wouldn't recommed a 30hp shot on a 03 cobra becasue as you can see; its not worth it.

Good luck with the flip chip and more NO2!

Also: I met a guy with a stock eaton using a 2.73" pulley, Spintech exhaust, CAI etc, making 470rwhp. THEN he smashed a 75hp no2 shot (with a flip chip) and received 559rwhp! :beer:

Your are on the right track, just make sure your fuel supply can keep up!

Last edited:

Greg Anderson

Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
Not knocking you or anytning but how can you tell what your results were if you are changing pulleys and changing the tune?

And for the nitrous. Don't retard the timing that much. A 28 jet is very small and you don't need to retard that much. I run a 36 jet and retard my timing 2 degrees just to be safe.

A 2.80 vs. a 2.90 is not worth more than 5rwhp so unless you would like to lend me some money for dyno time please think before you reply. As for the tune we didnt change timing just added a little fuel to make the a/f the same as before.

Greg

Greg Anderson

Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin

Thanks I am going to add some timing in it next time. How did you gain so much tq from a 36 jet?:bowdown: What is your total timing at?

Thanks Greg

Griffin

Established Member
A 2.80 vs. a 2.90 is not worth more than 5rwhp so unless you would like to lend me some money for dyno time please think before you reply. As for the tune we didnt change timing just added a little fuel to make the a/f the same as before.

Just by adding a apten blower and 2.80 steeda pulley and new tune

You said right here you got a new tune. And you tell me to "think before I reply"?:rollseyes How are we to know the tuner didn't add timing or take some fuel out to get you better numbers?

Thanks I am going to add some timing in it next time. How did you gain so much tq from a 36 jet? What is your total timing at?

If you weren't such a dick I would help you out....:nono:

RedFire2003

Established Member
TQ is killer on the bottle cant wait to see what mine puts down the system is sooo close to being done. I can see 700/700+ hp/tq in my near future with the juice and a little more boost from the KB and tuning! nice numbers and good luck :D

bross03cobra

Established Member
Griffin, Redfire or anyone that can help me. Sorry to crash this thread, but I need help with some N2O questions. I am thinking about a possible 100 shot. Not sure what kind yet, but in addition to my existing mods I am putting some shorty headers on in the next week or so. ANY help, recommendations, or anything at all, would be appreciated greatly. Thanks, Bill

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Im in the same boat...my tune has 23.8 in it right now, it needs to be massaged, a tad lean down low. Im going with a NX wet kit, and a 41 jet on top of my apten, should lay down some good #'s. The 38n/18f usually makes 60whp and 100rwtq. The 41 will probably make close to 80 or so...

Good #'s though....I say add some timing

Users who are viewing this thread