apten

hdotis69

Established Member
I have a 4# lower pulley kit that I'm going to install, it came from RPM outlet. I'm going to put the electric fan and hi volume water pump on from JDM. I already have a FVTB installed, accufam throttle body and airforce filter installed. Also have a autologic chip but swapping to a flip chip by superchip. I asked them about having the EATON ported by Apten and they said they didn't really like the port job on lightnings. Any suggestions. I know this is a big topic already.

0103SVT

Established Member
I don't know from personal expirience "yet" but from everything I have read, people love their Apten ported chargers. I will find out once I get my 4# lower pulley and chip in because I already have my ported charger :D

REDSVT150

Established Member
The ported EATON is a good choice. I had similar set you had and the ported EATON from APTEN. I put down 420rwhp with it. I just recently upgraded to the Kenne Bell to go with the built motor.

Brad

speeder

Established Member
I have an apten ported blower on my truck and the performance gain was very noticable, I don`t have a chip burned for it yet, but I would amagine its only going to get better once I get my chip.
as for the water pump, don`t get it, its not a high flow pump, it will make your truck run hotter in hot weather, and it can also cost you some power, I had one on my truck and it would almost over heat in stop and go traffic, I went back to the stock pump and havn`t had a problem since. I cut the threaded part of the pump off with a hack saw (the part that the stock fan screws on to) if you want a high flow water pump then get a stock water pump for an 03-04 Lightning, those pumps are high flow and will move alot more watter than the one you were thinking of buying.

numbers below are old, I havn`t dyno`d with the apten yet.

Last edited:

hdotis69

Established Member
I checked on a 03/04 water pump, the part #s were the same as the 01. Thats why I was going with the cobra r water pump. I dont know how to tell the difference. Someone said the 01 had 8 ribs and the 03 04 had 7 ribs moving the water.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
email me man [email protected]

i have a ported s/c that im taking off next week to replace with my new magnum powers and new 4 bank 4 program chip from JDM to replace my old 2 ank 2 program chip

WE might can work something out to get you a ported s/c and that chip if you are interested.

DetroitDice

Established Member
I might be, i was looking into the swap with apten for a ported. I have no mods besides it being lower, think it would hurt to go with this as a first step? and whats the cost in gaskets when you do this swap?

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by DetroitDice
I might be, i was looking into the swap with apten for a ported. I have no mods besides it being lower, think it would hurt to go with this as a first step? and whats the cost in gaskets when you do this swap?

It'll work fine. My first performance mod is a KenneBell. So the Apten will be fine for your first mod.:burnout:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I checked on a 03/04 water pump, the part #s were the same as the 01. Thats why I was going with the cobra r water pump. I dont know how to tell the difference. Someone said the 01 had 8 ribs and the 03 04 had 7 ribs moving the water.

The 99-00 had 8 ribs which you do not want.

Even though the part number is the same for a 01+... what your after is the 03+my 7 bladed with a shroud version. (102mm diameter impeller)

BTW: I'm your local WP guru. ;-)
(any questions e-mail me. I don't check back here too often)

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread