Arcade video game systems

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Last edited:

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I found one a few hours away for $2,000.
Very tempting.

IMG_0002.PNG

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i know i can get a used one for cheaper. i'd rather get one that is brand new with a warranty, and free shipping to my house. i'm just seeing if there's one that is better, or if anyone has had any eperience with this particular model.

i've seen them at costco before, i will check this weekend

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I always wanted Ivan Stewarts Super Off Road with the three steering wheels... This thread made me search.. $900 on Ebay... Damn you!

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
heard some people make their own using mame:

[video=youtube;5FBvcIhk-NI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FBvcIhk-NI[/video]

being the tech-y, builder, modder, guy that i am... i'd probably go that route and just have an awesome arcade gaming machine in the corner of a room.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
A friend of mine picked up a Jamma cabinet and purchased the boards that he wanted. Its more work than having them all on a single platform. But he got exactly what he wanted and nothing more.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
heard some people make their own using mame:

[video=youtube;5FBvcIhk-NI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FBvcIhk-NI[/video]

being the tech-y, builder, modder, guy that i am... i'd probably go that route and just have an awesome arcade gaming machine in the corner of a room.

This would definitely be a fun build.
If you can find an old dead Arcade game, you can use the shell instead of doing your own carpentry.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I built a MAME arcade game. I bought an old working game and put a computer in it. It's really easy and you can run pretty much any older arcade game ever made along with emulators for all the systems. Would make a good father son project and you get pretty much unlimited games on it.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
Congrats on being able to get something like this. No sarcasm intended. And I thought I was a boss for having a PS4 and a Xbox One in the den at the same time. LOLZ :bowdown:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Congrats on being able to get something like this. No sarcasm intended. And I thought I was a boss for having a PS4 and a Xbox One in the den at the same time. LOLZ :bowdown:

Haha, I get one room in the house and it has the arcade game, kegerator, dart board and poker table. Somehow it's now full of her off season clothes though. :bored:

1o1proof

Established Member
Haha, I get one room in the house and it has the arcade game, kegerator, dart board and poker table. Somehow it's now full of her off season clothes though. :bored:

Sooooo...it isn't just me. That is good to know.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

I'm divorced. Lol. I got to keep the big house and have every room in the house to myself. And the three kids 50% of the time. This baby is going right in my bedroom. The kids will love it, but I can't put it anywhere near their rooms or I'll wake up in the middle of the night to them playing pacman

Never_Enough

Established Member
Build your own for $300 or so. That's what I did. I got an empty cabinet free off Craigslist. Put a PC in it & have many console systems & arcade games on it. Thousands of games. I built the control panel myself. www.paradisearcadeshop.com sells all the parts you need.

IMG_0390_zpsmpninr16.gif

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Pulled the trigger on a dream arcade today

http://www.dreamarcades.com/v32.html

Pretty much bought many of the common game packs with it. After a little research it looked like they've been in business for a while, have had good customer support, and it came down to the arcade legend system not carrying a couple "must have" games that hold a ton of nostalgia for me.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have several arcade games. My Ms. Pacman after I put in a new CRT:

IMG_1513.jpg

2011-09-18_17-05-26_181.jpg

My 60-1 in a 4 slot Neo Geo cab:

2010-05-21213152.jpg

My 4 slot Neo Geo. Have a decent amount of games for it and a 120-1 cart:

IMG_0989.jpg

I also have a Galaga upright as well as a Black Tiger cocktail.

I used to have a Make Trax cocktail, Rampage fullsize and Pacman, but I sold them to make room.

IMG_0996.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a nice choice, Kirk. I like that it has a 32" HD LCD display, is PC based, and has a lot of game options. Looks like a quality gaming setup. I think you're going to be really happy with it. I see that this one has PacMan. Must have IMO. :) You're going to have a blast with it.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Pulled the trigger on a dream arcade today

http://www.dreamarcades.com/v32.html

Pretty much bought many of the common game packs with it. After a little research it looked like they've been in business for a while, have had good customer support, and it came down to the arcade legend system not carrying a couple "must have" games that hold a ton of nostalgia for me.

Dude, that looks sweet. You gotta give us a review. I want one now!

Users who are viewing this thread