Are 03-04 Cobra Seats worth it?

Gary101386

Established Member
I bought another seat track / motors. Is that what you need?

I bought this because mine wasn't moving forward. It ended up being the switch not the motors or track.

Gary101386

Established Member
Yeah. The dash and center console was black / white. Seats were white so I carried the black / white theme through out.

Thanks! I'm very happy with it. Now I just have to keep white suede clean!

chao5.0

Established Member
I bought another seat track / motors. Is that what you need?

I bought this because mine wasn't moving forward. It ended up being the switch not the motors or track.

no my bracket actually broke, i'll be redoing this entire car next year anyway so I'm in no rush but some of the interior items that need replacing are the seat brackets and seatbelts since they no longer retract up front.

Gary101386

Established Member
I'm still a bit confused on what's broken with yours. I maybe am not explaining what I have entirely correct. This is the whole brackets that bolts to the bottom of the seat which bolts to the floor of the car. Houses all the electrical motors for the 6 position power seat.

chao5.0

Established Member
there is a bracket that goes between the track and the seat on mine, it is made of aluminum and it there to clear the electric motors. the aluminum broke right where the hole was drilled to bolt to the bottom of the seat. now if this is not factory it wouldn't surprise me because the previous owners did some dumb things like put drag springs on the car, a super aggressive clutch on a stock engine, and E3 plugs which have been discarded. I'm going to have to get a new base completely because the actual track is rusted horribly and it will be cheaper and less of a headache for me at this point to buy a new base/track for my drivers seat. I'll probably go with a manual track as well for weight savings and that I don't use a power seat all the much.

Gary101386

Established Member
Yes, TMI sells the foam and it is needed to go from GT/V6 seats to the cobra seats. The sides hug you great. With my old seats I was slipping and sliding. This holds me in place and the suede stops the sliding.

The upholster said the TMI stuff is a great fit. But like I mentioned before, the rear seat upholstery was glued to the foam which was destroyed during removal. The upholster made new rear seat foam. I am uncertain if that's all cars or just mine.

Users who are viewing this thread