Are all speed shops like this?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My car has been in the shop for now 10 weeks for a motor swap

tell me more about how 4 weeks sucked

and they are now saying it SHOULD be done June 6th.....doubt it

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
If they have not started on it yet and it has been this long.......just wait till they start on it. Right now you have options that are easy.

brandon_s0854

Established Member
I could see that with a motor swap. That's a lot more work. These guys started working on my car three weeks ago. It had been sitting for four weeks at that point. Owner said they started working on it as a favor to me since my car took so long last time. Said he pushed other cars back to work on it. A week later they had made progress, got about ten hours worth of work done. Two weeks later, now on week 7. They haven't done anything more to it, and there's only about ten more hours worth of work. Just seems crazy the way he's running the place. Keep in mind there are no parts to order to finish my car. All they have to do is work on it. And every single week they tell me the car will be done at the end of the week. Lol

I'm not pissed off or anything. Just amazes me how some ppl run their business.

sleek98

Established Member
I could see that with a motor swap. That's a lot more work. These guys started working on my car three weeks ago. It had been sitting for four weeks at that point. Owner said they started working on it as a favor to me since my car took so long last time. Said he pushed other cars back to work on it. A week later they had made progress, got about ten hours worth of work done. Two weeks later, now on week 7. They haven't done anything more to it, and there's only about ten more hours worth of work. Just seems crazy the way he's running the place. Keep in mind there are no parts to order to finish my car. All they have to do is work on it. And every single week they tell me the car will be done at the end of the week. Lol

Shops will always favor repeat customers or ones who spend the most money with them over customers that they see once a year or so.

Ran into this problem way back when I was having a motor swapped. My car always got pushed back for his better friends/higher paying repeat customers.

I wish I had an AED or a JPC type of shop around here to knock out some things that I don't feel like doing.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

So when you pick it up, don't go back. What is the work that is being done?

brandon_s0854

Established Member
This is becoming my outlet for frustration thread. I'm still dealing with the shop to get the car done. I've had a road trip planned for this weekend ever since I was told the car would be done in four weeks. That was 8 weeks ago. I informed them two weeks ago of this road trip and told them that I would be pissed off if the car wasn't done by today.

They ended up calling me in yesterday because they couldn't find the size belt they needed to fit and couldn't figure out a way to make the closest size belt they could find to fit. I drove an hour down there and figured out a solution for them after looking at the car for five minutes!

I won't be coming back. Car is supposed to be finished on Wednesday. We'll see...

brandon_s0854

Established Member
Car is still there. Lol. I see this being an ongoing ordeal. They finally got the belt on today. I'd be surprised if it's aligned properly though. $20 says they throw a belt on the first dyno pull. The main reason I took it to them was because I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to belt alignment, but I'm starting to think I'm just as capable.

Anyway, all that's left is intake/maf install and tune. Stay tuned for updates. Lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My shop gets the work done in a few days max. But I haven't had them do anything major yet.

brandon_s0854

Established Member
I wouldn't consider this major work. Changing rear gear, 8 rib conversion, pull EGR tube off header (didn't have the right wrenches), fix fuel pressure gauge, tune. Cars been there for about ten weeks now

rktsci25

Established Member
Mine is getting a whipple put on right now and I get daily updates on issues that arise and how I want them resolved. Example: i just learned my cold air will hit my fuse box and I was asked to go look at it and decide how I would like to fix that.

OP: please say that they have someone that's not a full time employee tuning this thing? I'd be more concerned about that then time at this point lol

brandon_s0854

Established Member
The owner is tuning it. He tuned it originally and did a good job. He's been doing it for decades. I'm not worried about HIS abilities. They've got some young guy doing the work on my car in between all their other work.

Users who are viewing this thread